*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1090517-Blocked
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1090517
Beginning with an email, Sam and her fraud friends wage an online and real war.
Sam McDoogal was a great girl, pretty, smart. But her friends were jealous. They were popular, and the only reason Sam wasn't was because of her fashion sense. So, to show a sign of resistance, they decided to block her emails, IMs, and everything else they could.

Sam was just signing on to AIM and onto her email account when she spotted one new email unopened. It was from Megan, or, Slayerette_05, the new girl she befriended. It read:

Dear Sam,
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I overheard your "friends" talking about you behind your back. I thought you'd want to know. I am really sorry again.
Megan
P.S. They also said they were going to block you on everything from email to AIM.

Sam couldn't believe it. "Those unreliable bastards! Why would they do this to me?" She asked herself. She ran to the phone and called Megan. "Don't worry," Sam said to her when she answered the phone, " I have a plan."

The next day at school, Megan was worried Sam was going to do a stupid thing like come in with gothic tatoos and piercings. She was way wrong. Sam strode in wearing a pink jean skirt and a white halter top with pink high-heeled sandals. Megan smiled. It was clear what the plan was.

Sam walked up to her "friends" Alex and Rebecca. They stared dumbfounded at her, and then turned away. "Hey girls, don't you want to hang out later?" Sam asked persuasively. They turned to face her. Alex smiled. "Sure, why not. The hottest girls in school might as well hang out together." They signaled for Sam to follow, and they walked off. Megan smiled.

Dear Megan,

The first day of my plan worked out fine! They accepted me as a popular girl, and I am just trying to fit in long enough to find out why they blocked me. I don't get why they are so distant. They are full of themselves and over confident.
Ah, well. See ya tommorrow and I hope you will email me back!
Sam

The next morning Sam got dressed into ripped jeans and a tan camisole, and she pulled her long black hair into a loosely-curled ponytail. Then she slipped on brown flip-flops. She stepped out the door and caught the bus. At age 15, she would be starting Drivers ED in the summer time. She waited until Megan got onto the bus, and let her sit down. "Good thing THEY don't ride our bus, so we can talk without their suspision." Megan smiled. "Yeah, and I must say, your act yesterday was amazing. I think you missed your calling as an actress in the drama club!" She commented. Sam shook her head. "Standing in front of so many people? I'll pass."

They arrived at school on time, and the frauds weren't there. "Must be sick." Sam said. She went to her locker and pulled her hair tie out, allowing her jet black hair to flow like silk. "Danger Preps are here." Megan said unhappily. Sam turned. The frauds were standing there angrily, almost shaking in fury. They were holding five pieces of computer paper in their hands. "Blog Bob rides your bus, and with his magic fingers typed up a few interesting pages about your little conversation!" Sam stared in terror. "Well, don't look at me! You blocked me! Tell me why and I will leave you alone!" Alex and Rebecca froze. "Never! That is personal!"

Rebecca, the athletic one, tackled Megan scraped at her face. In her day dream. Meanwhile in real life, she yelled furiously at the other two. "I thought we were friends, Sam! But now it's official: I declare war!" "Just keep walking you--" Sam was cut off by Megan's hand flying to cover her mouth. If she cussed, she could be put in detention for misconduct. The principal saw the commotion. "Why can't you guys get along?" he asked shaking his head.

Dear Sam,

It doesn't matter, they aren't your friends anyway. Just forget them, and the sooner the better. Tommorrow is the school pie festival. Don't do anything stupid or you will regret it.

Megan

Megan came over to Sam's house early that morning to make sure Sam read her email. "I won't do anything stupid. Except smear pies in their faces!" Sam laughed. Megan didn't. "If you really mess up, you could get in serious trouble, like detention, rep damage..." Megan went on naming the consequences. Sam only stared in awe. "I could never name off so many punishments in my whole life! You should call the Guiness Book!" Sam joked. Megan had to laugh at that one. "Just don't get into trouble."

Turns out, she wouldn't have to. There was a pie throwing showdown match for everyone who could find a fighting partner. Sam went to Alex, and Megan went to Rebecca. "If both of us win, you have to tell me why you blocked me." Alex nodded. "Okay."

They took their marks. They each had four pies. The person that gets the most pies on them loses. "Go!" yelled the principal. Sam launched a pie at Alex's face, and it hit her squarely. Of course, Rebecca was more of a challenge. She was in track, but Megan was better. "Seven years of softball pitching." Megan smirked. She launched all four quickly and Rebecca had already lost.

After that, Alex and Sam each had three pies on themselves. Then at the same time, they rocketed one more each others way. Sam did a matrix back bend, with the frosting barely touching her face, and Alex got hit in the stomach, knocking her onto her back. The good guys won like they are supposed to.

"Fine, Sam, we were jealous of you. You are better looking, and we were only hoping you wouldn't discover a good fashion sense. We are sorry." Alex wimpered. "Please take us back!" Sam stared at their pathetic faces. "Well...NAH!" Sam and Megan walked out of school laughing, and they did not associate themselves with those morons again.
© Copyright 2006 Kit Kat (kfetter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1090517-Blocked