*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124687-The-First-The-Only-My-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Young Adult · #1124687
Just the first part of a story I'm writing.
As the rain pours down on my head I sit and stare at the headlights slowly fading away into the darkening afternoon. I can't believe it's actually happening. After all the time I've spent with her, she's leaving me. I'm too stunned to even get up and out of the rain. All I can picture is her long almond brown hair framing her sad, soft green eyes as she told me she had to end it. After everything I've done for her, all that I've given her, she's ending it!

Sitting in the rain I'm thinking back on everything and trying to picture where exactly it went wrong. Where did I mess up?

You probably have no idea what I'm talking about, and you're probably thinking uhm ok wtf?!? Well I'll tell you what happened, and I'll start from the beginning.

It all started on the first day of track. We had some friends in common and as we were running out to the track she kept staring at me, and I stared at her. I soon found out that she was a distance runner, which meant we would almost never be together at practice because I was a sprinter, and her name was Jade. Jade Marron. I didn't know it yet, but she was about to become my everything and there was nothing I could do to stop it. We were about halfway through the first lap when she turned to me and said "Your steps are heavy, try widening them so you don't sound like a horse coming down a tiled kitchen floor." I was completely at a loss for words, which just wasn't me. This girl was amazingly beautiful, and she had just insulted me. We were not off to a good start. I waited about two more laps before responding with "You'ew running completely on your toes, bring your feet dow more or you'll end up hurting yourself." She looked absolutely livid. I was proud of myself and slightly smug for the rest of the warm-up.

It was very hot out that day, around 85, which is bad for running if there is no breeze. After the warm-up I was about ready to collapse, and so was everyone around me. I decided to head in since I wasn't supposed to practice yet. (Ihadn't turned in my medical forms.) I turned to everyone and said, "Hey guys, I can't take this heat, I'm gonna go puke, see ya later?" Everyone just laughed and said "Alright peace," or "Luccccky."

She, however, walked up to the school with me. Her reasoning? "I just don't want a new runner to fall and faint or hurt themselves or do anything stupid."I was again shocked by her. I thought she was going to hate me and here she was walking me up to the school to make sure I didn't pass out or anything lame like that. This girl was already a total headcase in my eyes, I was loving every moment of being around her.

Well we got into the bathroom and I dry heaved for about 10 minutes before just sitting down by the toilet and putting my head in my hands. She started to rub my back, like a mother does to a sick child. That's what told me there was something more to this girl than just sharp words and lame excuses.

So we started to talk. We talked about everything. At first it was awkward, but then we started just pouring out about our lives. She was 16, and she had already been hurt deeply by another girl. Her name was Allison, and altohugh I didn't know her aside from Jade's words I didn't like her. They had been together for three years, since their freshman year. Everything that happened to them in that time they shared. Jade had never been apart from her for more than three days the entire time they were together. I was in awe of the depth of their relationship. But then, towards the end Allison had been distancing herself from Jade, and lying her way out of spending time with her. She ended up leaving Jade for a guy. Her reasoning? It just wasn't fun anymore. I was suddenly overwhelmed with a pain and sympathy for Jade. She seemed so amazing and so kind. The thought of someone hurting her made me want to cry.

After that day I became her new Allison. Sure my name was Jessica and I looked nothing like Allison but, hey, a girl can try. I became her sun, and she my moon. We couldn't live without each other and everyone was slightly put off by how fast we had come together. The next week flew by, but the weekend seemed to lasy forever.

It was our first time being together completely alone. Her parents were out of town so we were alone and still awake at 2 am in her bedroom talking. It was in that room that we shared most of ourselves with one another. That night we were listening to techno and t.A.T.u. As we were dancing we pressed our bodies close and spoke softly of things that had happened in our lives. Then finally around 4 and completely exhausted, we stopped dancing and just collapsed into each other's arms on her floor. I found myself that morning. I found myself in her.
© Copyright 2006 Green-Eyes4380 (greeneyes4380 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124687-The-First-The-Only-My-One