*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124699-The-Revenge-of-A-Cockroach-Killer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Amihan
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Experience · #1124699
Obsessive Compulsive or simply a health nut?

Once upon a time, there was a cockroach killer. She saw a cockroach making its way towards her door. Now, where did that thing comes from? Like an eagle stalking its prey, she silently made her way towards the door. Slam! Just in time. She went back to her bed with that satisfied look in her face. Humming a soft tune, she continued to read about "Euthanasia for Cockroach: An Ongoing Debate." The cockroach killer is me.

I am not a perfectionist. I know I am not. Definitely. With great conviction. I strive for excellence. However, you cannot have everything at the same time, can't you? The only thing that pisses me off is being untidy. You bet. I cannot concentrate on anything if I can find a speck of dirt inside my room. My heart palpitates each time I see a cockroach. As long as it carries any germs, it's not welcome in my room. It's innate in me to make sure that a cockroach does'nt touch any of my belongings. The site of a cockroach brings revulsion in my entire body. Grim and determined. These are just but a few of my qualities when it comes to exterminating all kinds of dirt and germs. Proctor and Gamble would have been very proud of me. I dont know where I got this kind of attitude. Maybe because when I was in college, I was fascinated with biology. My field wasn't exactly in the sciences. I am a history major. However, my interests are varied. From history, wars, and sculptures through landscaping, poetry, creative writing and the culprit, microbiology. That's the time I have imagined that everything should be clean before I use it. As in everything. Funny how knowledge can make you insane at times.
Is there something wrong with cleanliness? I hate to say this but then each time I see a woman, who looks like a godess straight from heaven, dressed at the height of fashion and then wham! When you look at her room, all kinds of viruses and germs might have gathered together and have a grandiose celebration in her bed, wardrobe and what have you! I can't bear to think about it. It gives me goosebumps. Honestly, it does.
If you want to get into a fight with me, ruin my carefully made up bed, use my utensils then leave them at the sink, rummage through my carefully folded linens and dresses, if you are not satisfied yet disarrange my books and files. I am telling you, you will regret the day that you have lived to see this life. Put those eyebrowse in place. Listen to me. My mind simply refuses to function each time I see a mess. I dont touch and get other people's things without asking them first. I know how to respect other people's personal space. I like my space to be simply clean and free from clutter. If you want yours dirty and smelly, fine with me as long as you don't do that in my place. I can be forgiving only in times of exams and deadlines and when I have my nephews around or any child for that matter. The rest? I am vigilant all throughout the year. So the next time you think of messing my room, think not only twice or thrice, but a zillion times or you're going to end up in the garbage can. Literally and figuratively.
© Copyright 2006 Amihan (river_mist456 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124699-The-Revenge-of-A-Cockroach-Killer