*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1128046-A-Planned-Teen-Pregnancy
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1128046
Lynn is "daddy's little girl," but that's all about to change...
Lynn stared up at the window that lead to the bedroom that she had shared with her sister. Her sister was practicing her ballet moves, and her mom was trying to make her keep her form as perfect as could be. Her dad sat in the corner at the piano playing a ballad that went perfectly with her sister's dancing. Her sister looked happy. This is the life that she would have chosen even if she did have a choice.

Lynn, on the other hand, would have chosen anything but this. In fact, that is exactly what she did. She had been a straight A student all through middle school, she has five gold trophies for ballet recitals, and even more for horseback riding. Sure, it had been fun to excel in everything that she did, but she couldn't help but feeling that there was something missing. She knew that there had to be more to life. Well, she met More in her freshman year at high school, or should we call him Mark.

Mark was everything Lynn wasn't. He didn't get straight A's, he wasn't in any activities, and he lived by himself. He had gotten emancipated at fifteen. Mark wasn't a bad kid. He didn't smoke and he didn't do drugs, but Lynn wasn't quite sure about him at first. She was hesitant, but she did accept Mark's offer and they went on a date. After that, it was like Lynn was seeing the world for the very first time. Everything felt new. She finally understood that there were people out there that didn't follow a schedule. They just lived life moment by moment. This, she thought, was the way she wanted to live her life.

Of course she knew that her parents wouldn't approve of Mark, but she figured it was worth a try. She had tried hard to make them like him, but all they could say is that it was inappropriate to date someone who had no order in his life. After an incident where they stayed out until late in the night, Lynn's father told her that he didn't want her seeing Mark anymore. And being "daddy's little girl," she didn't. Her life went back to normal. Waking up early in the morning, ballet recitals, horse-back riding, and useless family talk at the dinner table.

Lynn wasn't happy. It was as simple as that, and when Mark showed up at one of her ballet recitals, begging her to go with him, she did. She didn't say good-bye to anyone. She just grabbed her jacket and left. Her dad, being a powerful man in his lawfirm, was easily able to track her down. She had no choice but to go home, but she knew it wouldn't be for long. Her dad told her that she was still a minor and that until she turns eighteen, she has to live with them.

It didn't take long for Lynn to come up with a plan. Mark was all for it. Yeah, they were young, and there would be a lot of people thinking they couldn't do it, but what's the point of living, if you can't be happy? So, Lynn snuck off one last time, and when she returned the next day, she just knew that her plan had worked. A woman always knows these things, after all.

Now as she stares up at her old room, she knows that she made the right decision. Of course her dad had kicked her out when he found out. He was not going to allow a baby to be born under his roof by his sixteen year old daughter. He thought she'd be miserable when she got kicked out, and was really shocked when she wrapped her arms around him, and said, "Thank you, daddy!"
© Copyright 2006 Mickey Sue (tiffany_mae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1128046-A-Planned-Teen-Pregnancy