*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1130361-Heavenly-Tears
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1130361
Prologue short story from my current project Elysium.
Prologue
Tears of heaven.

Prophecies, weird theories and crazy thoughts about an apocalypse. Nothing could've foreseen this. Our land, our beloved land, washed away with the knowledge of why. A why, not intended to be forgotten. Some stories you can do without and some you know have to be told, like this one. Sadly, few live to tell the world about their stories and as you've already guessed I am already dead.

About 700 years ago, when the earth was in a worse shape than now, billions of lives ended along with their dreams. Dreams which you might share. Perhaps you want to be rich and grow up to be a professor, a soldier, a paramedic or maybe just enjoy life. The same dreams we had and it hurts me to tell you that these dreams weren’t all you inherited from us. Sins. Will's about domination, greed, power.. Perhaps these are just words to you, but to us they meant everything and even cost us our right to live. As we now know, life is deceiving and has a way of doing the unforeseen from time to time.

The wave itself was a punishment. "The river of grief and sins" they called it. It struck us at our weakest, leaving all dead. Some were left for the Hollow Gardens since the Elysium's gates were shut. Only a few were let in to be told the truth. I was one of the few. The world was suffering and the keepers of Elysium had no choice but to berate us. "As your sins atone, you will be set free" we were told. Told by whom? I hear you ask and that my friend, I can not tell you... yet.

All I can say is this: In time the tide will change and it is up to you to shape our future!
© Copyright 2006 Dan Rozen (danrozen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1130361-Heavenly-Tears