*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148123-Crucifixion
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1148123
An interesting way for a vampire to die, tied to a wooden crucifix...
Crucifixion
By
Ghost of Eternity aka C. Gibson aka none ya!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The searing heat of the cross burns me, and yet I hang here. I want to scream, to throw it aside, but tied down I hold fast to it. The smell of my own burning flesh fills my nostrils and it is all I can do not to vomit.
How, you ask, did I end up in such a place?
Simple.
The love of a woman.
Ah, those soft hazel eyes gaze at me from below my lofty perch of my own demise, head twisted and bent in that sleep pf death.
Oh my lovely one, what crime had I committed to be tied to god’s sacred object and you dead below me?
I am burning faster like a witch executed in days of old. My hand, now withered ash, reaches for you.
To be killed in this manner by my enmies is rather fitting. I am dying in a sacred place loved by us both; where we were wed; our unioin tainted by the mixing of living and dead blood.
The pain… it is consuming me and it is getting harder to think…
My arms, my legs are now ashes falling in gentle puffs to coat your dead face in gray dust.
My darling, a place waits for me in hell never to be near you white grace again…
It is finished…
END
© Copyright 2006 C. Gibson (fireflykoi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148123-Crucifixion