*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154840-The-story-behind-my-writing
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1154840
writing and me
Through my life experiences I feel as though I have matured at a very rapid pace, to which has impacted my life by allowing me to be more open with others and with myself, so I began to pursue my life’s purpose.
I discovered that I enjoyed reading more than I what I had thought. Earlier in life I had myself convinced that I didn’t enjoy reading, as a student "being made to read", wasn’t much fun. The way I see it, is if you are being made to do anything it's not as fun, “unless you are interested in it”.
As I grew older I detected that I had a strong interest in astronomy and astrology. Ever since I was a young adolescent girl, I found mystery in the night sky and enjoyed looking at the stars on a nightly basis by the age of 29, I not only see the beauty within the universe while I continue to gaze at the nightly sky, I see the beauty in me.
I have become more conscious to life’s calls. Interested in world religions and cultures, I began reading material on these subjects, and started to familiarize myself with the way of life and how people live.
“What does this have to do with an interest in writing, one may ask?” While giving a part of myself to learn more about this passion that has driven me to where I am currently, it ignited a spark and I began to write about how all this new education made me think and feel. At times I would pour my heart out by the use of pen or pencil, whatever was near.
My thoughts and emotions desperately wanted to be heard, so I listened. I began writing seeking guidance through my heart, believing that somewhere, someone someday may benefit.
Though I have come to cherish the openness that I have with pen and paper, I have never truly asked myself, “Why are you interested in writing? It seemed as though the answer was always there and the question just waiting to be asked.
Writing is a part of who I am. I enjoy listening to my inner voice and appreciate that I am able to do so. And so I ask, while being receptive to the answer. “What better way to “preserve” the guidance that I am allowing myself to accept?”
© Copyright 2006 Patricia Kay (bunnyrabbit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154840-The-story-behind-my-writing