*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163733-The-Perfect-Datein-my-nightmares
by Ria
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #1163733
I've waited forever for my first kiss...and it's like something from a dream...
The pair could be seen walking down by the peer. Even from a distance one could see the tension and awkward posture of a first date. their mouthgs are moving and she giggles. What will come of it? Will it just be another date in a long line of dates that don't work out?

I was there, and that was me walking down by the peer. Yes, I was uncomfortable. So uncomfortable that I was scared that I was going to make him run away. i supposed that was normal, and comforted myself with the thought that it wouldnt' last forever. I really liked him, and he'd already asked me out for another nigth by the peer.

Three months we dated. The tension increasing, but in a good way. We both knew our boundaries and we both agreed to follow them, no matter waht. One thing I told him, I won't let you kiss me until I'm ready, so don't even try it bucko.

Well, in my mind, three months seemed a reasonable amount of time to get to know a fellow. So I kinda gave the hint..."psst," I said in the middle of our physics class, "have you ever seen that Disney movie, the Little Mermaid?"

"ummm, are you serious?" he grinned at me.

"Yeah, I'm serious, you should totally go watch it.One of my favorite songs is on there, and I think you'll like it."

So the poor guy had to go and look up "the Little Mermaid." Lucky for him, his little sister had the sound track. The next day I entered class to find a note on my desk.

"You're cruel," it said "and don't forget we have a date tonight."

Talk about sweaty palms. I mean, I'd never been kissed before. What was I supposed to do. I'd always had this nightmare that my first kiss would...no wait, I wouldn't think about it, just in case.

I really enjoyed teasing the tar out of him. Throughout the day I'd start humming the tune. Quite catch actually. I caught him kinda humming along once. When I did he suddenly realized what he was doing and turned as red as a beet. Lucky for him all of his buddies had no clue what he was humming. Heh heh.

So the day went by, and I silently congratulated myself on a perfectly executioned plan to drive him insane. Unfortunately...it worked on me too.

We went out that night, same as always. He took me to a movie and I thought he might try to kiss me there, but it was a kiddie movie, and we didn't wanna scare the kids. What are little children doing out at the movies on a school night anyway? Humph.

Finally, we go down to the peer. Everything was just as I had hoped. Dark, so he couldn't see my red face, somewhat cool (no sweat) and romantic. Sigh.

Well, we're standing at the peer and I look up into his eyes. He grins at me...his head bends towards mine. My heartbeat increases, I start to close my eyes....

Oh no!! Oh, please tell me this isn't happening to me. No, please, it's just like in the dream. I can't stop it...it's coming whether I like it or not...help!

My eyes slam shut, my face scrunces and "AAAACHOOOO!!!"

You remember that nightmare I mentioned...the one that I didn't want to think about in case it happened...well. Didn't work.

My head slammed forward and I heard a slight crunch. I'd broken the porr guy's nose!!!!! Oh God, help me.

I looked up at him and began wiping sneeze off of me. He's holding his nose.
He opens his mouth to say something and...

to be continued.

(A.N. I have to go put away the clothes. :) )
© Copyright 2006 Ria (firesprite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163733-The-Perfect-Datein-my-nightmares