*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1173453-Return-to-me
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1173453
Short story in the works
“Did you think that I would let you leave?” He asked turning to lock the door. “I didn’t think you were that naive? Or perhaps you did know but you came anyway. . .” The look on his face was one of interest and curiosity.

She slowly backed away from him, careful to maneuver around the table behind her. The room was sealed and he was in front of the only exit.


“I would like to believe that you conceded our inevitable coming together. After all the years I have waited, WE have waited,” he walked towards her, watching to see if she would bolt for the door, trying carefully to conceal the syringe in his hand that he had prepared for just this situation.

“You can’t really think that I would let you go back. Ha! That you would want to go back is absurd. You came here because you wanted to ‘apologize’? I don’t think that you really understand why you came. I myself knew that this day was coming and was fully prepared for it.”

He was close enough to her that he could touch her, feel her breath that came rapidly. He quickly grabbed her arm twisting it and forcing her to the ground. He then took the syringe and held it to her neck. Her eyes widened and she let out a cry of shock.

“Please don’t, I beg you Eric!” Her cry was planitive enough, but even she was filled with doubt about whether or not she wanted him to leave her alone or not.

“Now it seems that I have turned the table on you Anna Beth; you realize that you never should have left because I have been plotting this day since than. I can’t tell you how many days I wondered when you would come back to me . . . and now you are here, under my control. I wouldn’t let you go for anything now."

He pulled her up to face him, the needle still in his hand, controlling every movement. Walk over to the loveseat with me.” He commanded, indicating the one by the window. She carefully moved with him, anxious to not offend him in any way.

“I. . . “ She started, but realized it was usless to disobey him.

“NOT a WORD!” He intimated. “There is nothing for you to say Anna Beth. I had thought the needle in your neck would be enough.”

Cursing herself for trying to bargain her way out of this desperate situation, she fell silent, focusing on her breathing and slow movement. Perhaps she could slip away and run for the door. It was getting closer.

“I thought you smarter than that. I hoped you would be more willing.”

Her chance was now; she reached up with her right hand to grab the needle and spun around twisting his arm. She thought she was free but the door was locked.

“You thought I would make it that easy?” He asked, coming towards her.

“Please, please. . .” she begged as tears ran down her face, she shrank away from him. He came to her and grabbed her by her neck, piercing her skin with the needle again.

“This is hurting me too. I wanted you to stay and now I have to resort to this.” The drug had barley left the syringe and she felt weak; she didn’t have time to decide whether it was from the drug or his passionate kiss that pushed her into oblivion . . .
© Copyright 2006 Queenbee (question at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1173453-Return-to-me