*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183637-A-World-of-Warcraft-story
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1183637
A short fictious story I thought up. Be critical
"Hmpf, you want to know one of my stories? That same request has ended many a man's life, trying to delve into a person's life. All right, I'll tell you my First story. The story that started all the others," the old man in front of you said with no emotion. Known as perhaps one of the most powerful Paladins of the Shining Hand had earned him plenty of enemies, so you turned aside his hidden threat without a thought.

"This story, being the first, is of my birth. Which began..."

On a wintery night, in the midst of a blizzard, a man carries his wife in his arms. Trying to find some shelter, he came upon a well-lit building. And not just any building, but the one he was searching for, the Doctor's Gustaf Van'Howzen. Esteemed doctor and warrior alike, Old Gustaf had retired to live in the mountains of Dun Morough after he couldn't stand Theramore Island anymore. As the man came to the door Gustaf heard him and welcomed him at the door, hurrying him and more importantly his wife inside to the warmth of his home. Laying his wife on the huge bed and taking a seat for himself, Vormund Grimbell took off his thick winter coat and hat. Looking over to his wife with a grim smile, he began a hum, his hum. Gustaf quickly silenced him with a remark.

"Fool, why the hell did you bring her out here? You two should be at home getting ready for the child, not walking through seven feet of snow and a blizzard in your face!"

"The thing is Doctor Gustaf, strange things have been goin' on at our manor, an' I felt that it would be best to have da child born away from any strangeness," replied Grimbell with disdain," An' even worse, my wife, she fell asleep as we were leavin' da manor an' she hasn't woken up yet. She feels warm to da touch, but I can't feel a heartbeat!"

"What? Fool, should have said so the minute you were inside! I'll see what I can do, but if what you say is true, there may be no hope of either surviving," came the grimmer reply.

A look of horror came over Grimbell's face as his wife suddenly jerked, again, and again then slowly rising into the air. With a curse both him and Gustaf ran to try and grab her, but she floated out of reach. The dwarf woman suddenly floats right-side up and says in a voice that was not hers," Mortals, this woman is mine! And the child that she holds will be mine as well. Do not try to stop me or face my wrath,"

"No, I won't give up, damn you demon! You won't have my wife an' you won't have my child! Go back to rot in the Twisting Nether where you belong, Baal!" Grimbell shouts.

"Fool, you do not wish to anger me, or I may"

The demon is cut short as the woman's body convulses over and over. The body begins to float back down to the bed and lands with a slight bounce. A small light begins to emenate from the woman's belly, where her child is still growing. Both the Doctor and Grimbell look on with amazement as the woman sits up with a small gasp. Suddenly, the woman's water broke! The Doctor and Grimbell race to try and make her comfortable while helping her through the birth of her only child. As the baby was born, the doctor noticed that there was marking on his entire left arm and hand. It was a Dragon sorrounded by thousands of trees.
© Copyright 2006 Tooolbar (roflcopterrr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1183637-A-World-of-Warcraft-story