*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185361-The-RadioCassette-Player
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1185361
This isn't very focused on jokes, but it works as a funny fable. At any rate, enjoy!
*Bigsmile* "The Radio/Cassette Player"*Bigsmile*

Joe Diamond was a pleasant, rich actor with a pleasant, rich wife. They both seemed so honest and open, but not all is as it seems…
Mrs. Judith Marie Diamond was at home on a workday because she was sick. Joe had no idea she was home, as the mansion they resided in was large. She looked all over the house, but could not find him. At last, she came to parlor number five. There she saw him approach the bookcase, which was up to the ceiling.
He removed an adjacent torch and the bookcase rotated to reveal a secret room. He did not see her, so she snuck in behind him to see what was going on.
As she spied, he went into the room and sat down. He picked up a radio/cassette player made of a gold alloy and began to listen. After a while he got up and got a drink from the refrigerator. “So that’s where the refrigerator went,” thought Judith as she snuck into the heart of the room. She saw a closet and opened it.
“So that’s where Joe’s ex-wives went,” she thought as she saw the three dead bodies within.
Next she walked over to the cassette player and put it on. To her horror, what came to her ears was the “Bob the Builder” theme song. In disgust, she threw the cassette player at the wall, shattering it. With a groan, Joe saw this. He concluded that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
© Copyright 2006 A Legendary Butler (sgdsupporter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185361-The-RadioCassette-Player