*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191043-Platinum-Magic-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1191043
Where are they going? o.o ....
         Ralph leaned his head against the wall and sighed. It'd been a good 2 minutes since Kara had left. What was taking her so long? That was when he heard something...hooves hitting concrete. He looked around and saw an amazing creature trot towards him. It was a chocolate brown horse with a cream colored mane and tail, a white blaze down her face, and liquid blue eyes. Thinking of food was making Ralph hungry...

         The horse nudged Ralph's chest, pushing him backwards and making him nearly fall. His head snapped towards the horse angrily as his mind came back to reality and away from the land of food. The horse stared at him as if waiting for something. Was that a smirk on her lips? Ralph chuckled and dismissed the inane idea from his thoughts.

         Kara had told Ralph to get on the horse, and yet, there was no saddle or anything. Was this the horse she had meant? On the other hand, there weren't many horses wandering around the school campus. He walked out to the parking lot and beckoned the horse over. She snorted as if she saying "How dare you tell me what to do" but she trotted over none the less. Ralph clambered onto the back of a pick-up truck and hoisted himself onto the beast's back. It didn't work out too well. He fell of the other side. The horse bucked, snorted, and neighed as if laughing at him. "Oh quit it!" Ralph snapped, feeling foolish to be talking to an animal. "I've never ridden a horse before." She stopped moving as he tried again and this time, he stayed on her back.

         As soon Ralph was settled, the horse started to trot North. She passed by the main road and entered a forest. Ralph hung on for his life because the horse was going amazingly fast. He'd never been on a horse before but was sure that they usually didn't go this fast. The reached a clearing in the middle of the forest right as the sun finished setting. In fact, if Ralph had seen an arial view of the forest he would've noticed that they were in the exact middle of and oddly shaped forest. Ralph gasped as he saw, in the middle of the clearing, a blue, glittering path. It corkscrewed upwards and reached into the heavens.

         Without hesitating, the horse started to climb up the path, but Ralph jumped off. "Whoa! This is too weird! Where is Kara anyways? I'm not going any farther until I talk to her!" He shouted at the horse. Ralph spun around, looking for Kara and once he made a complete 360, he saw her. She was in the exact same spot where the horse was, standing at the beginning of the path with her arms crossed. She seemed different. Instead of the standard rehearsal clothes of black shorts and a white shirt, she was now wearing dark green cargo pants, with a dark blue shirt and white long sleeved shirt underneath. Her eyes were different too. They were dark purple instead of their usual hazel shade. She looked at him smugly and asked, "What do you want to know?"

         Ralph looked at her, took in a breath and said, "Where are we going? What's going on? Are you crazy? Where did the horse go? Where were you?" He managed to find plenty of other questions to ask. Meanwhile, Kara sat down and started playing with some blades of grass, patiently waiting for him to shut his trap. When he was finished he breathed heavily and she got up.

         "I'll explain on the way, come on." And with that Kara headed up the path while Ralph reluctantly followed.
© Copyright 2006 Cosmic_MnMs (cosmic_mnms at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1191043-Platinum-Magic-Chapter-2