*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1194056-Only-as-a-Friend
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1194056
A story of a person moving on with their life, and how it affected someone else.
Even though we were face to face, we saw each other in completely different ways. I stared at the girl I love, and she stared at the guy she loved, but only as a friend. This of course made my life miserable. When ever we were together I could always see us getting married and having a family together. I could have spent my whole life with her. She always talked about all the guys that hurt her, but the one guy that doesn't hurt her is the one she hurt. By the time she figured this out it was too late.

She only wanted to be my friend even though I would have been so good to her. She searched endlessly for the perfect guy, ironically he had already been found. Every time she went somewhere with a guy she told me how much fun she had and what they did. I almost let my life rot away by just waiting for her. I waited almost two years.

She wore contacts because she was nearsighted and couldn't see far away objects. I was right here in front of her, how come she couldn't see me?

I some how moved on, and I found a girl that loved me back. We got married and had a family like I always wanted. The girl I once loved wrote me a letter, she was sorry and she is ready to give "us" a chance. The letter said that she was sorry; she notices the mistake she made. The letter said she loved me.

I wrote her a letter back saying I love her too, but only as a friend.
© Copyright 2006 tyler1221 (tyler1221 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1194056-Only-as-a-Friend