*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199772-Just-Dinner
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1199772
Flash fiction piece about a dinner invitation that turns into something more.
She arrives promptly at five. She accepted his dinner invitation without hesitation, but somehow he thought she wouldn't show. He's never been more pleased with a wrong intuition.
 
Meeting her at the door, he shows her in, smiling as their eyes meet. She is beautiful. His heart races.
   
Dinner is nice, yet he can't get calm. Flirting at the office was one thing, this is new ground. Is this the moment? He reaches for more wine.
 
Downstairs the conversation stalls. He can't make the first move. She does, with a soft sensual kiss. Total submission.
 
Passionately, they move to the bedroom. She is more amazing than he'd dreamed. Solomon's song rings in his heart.
 
She rises, dresses, makes a call.
 
He waits for her to hang up, listening.
   
“Do you have to go?”
 
“Yes. My babies are waiting for me.”
 
He stands and holds her close.
 
“I kinda hoped you'd stay for breakfast.”
 
“Maybe the next time.”
 
She smiles softly, kisses him tenderly, turns and leaves.
 
He watches her drive away, until her car turns the bend.
 
Reaching for his phone, he receives a call -- a female voice, full of happy anticipation.
 
“Hi Honey. Miss me? What're you doing?”
 
“Oh, nothing. Just Dinner.”

 
© Copyright 2007 Flash 54 (flash54 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199772-Just-Dinner