*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202148-On-Your-Close
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1202148
Ramblings, Just read =]
I'm standing on the corner of your close. Like we were once. It's the distance, you swear it's the distance,that tore us apart, but it's so funny, it's this same distance that brought us together and branded your name deep into my heart.

I trace the lines on the paper with my finger and a light. It's night time now and you'll be soundly sleeping. That is, if you were someone else. But you're not. You're mine and we used to talk all night. So you'll be awake still.
I remember when I first found you, you were in the arms of someone else, you never quite left them behind. Even when we found each other.

I can still remember the last time we spoke. Every word that fell from your fingers carved a number deeper and deeper
into my pale sordid skin. Twenty-three.

So can you tell me now? As the glowing lights of my dirty town embrace the winter of your sorry frown. I'm so sorry dearest. I'm so, so sorry. How long is it gonna be?
Before every memory of you and me, being hurtful or being close, is going to leave,
or pack its rueful case and just go? A long time, darling. Forever.

You were reserved. I can see that looking back. Now that I know what I know now, you were reserved.

I dance along the footsteps that you lead to your home on White Close and I bleed. I listen to the music we both know, and i write the songs only i wrote. It's 3 in the morning now, and you're still awake with that tapping sound.
Every wrong remark which i ever made has been brought along tonight to mark the days, in a long line. I tend to wait for them to leave, but I'll be ever vacant because you asked me to.

I'm standing on the corner of your close. I've never been here before. I'll be ever so patient. I'm just waiting for you.
© Copyright 2007 Sophie .F. (sophi_23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202148-On-Your-Close