*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1204303-Miguels-Revenge
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1204303
When friends betray...
EXERPT FROM JOURNAL OF EZEIKEL
1804


“Miguel do this, Miguel do that” That’s what I’ve heard my whole life, it seems. I couldn’t take it anymore. I wanted to break free of the cell that held me back like the bars of a prison cell. :) No, not wanted….needed… I needed the respect, the authority, that I so wholly deserved. I suppressed the feelings I felt for so long. That was, until, I came upon the ritual of ultimate power. The power to bend ones mind, will, to rule their body. But with this power came a terrible price. A price worse than anything a being could imagine. This power would plunge its user into a 200 years darkness. Those who deserved so much to pay for what they did to me, would go unpunished. I will have to settle for there great grandsons, or great granddaughters, 200 years from now.


200 YEARS LATER (2004, OCTOBER 30TH)
“yo Jake, you gonna go egging with me and Marrisa tomorrow?” Micheal asked over the phone.
“Actuall-“
“Jake, you, promised. Don’t wimp our now”
“no, man, hear me out. You know the grave yard, over by the old Robinson place?”
“Yea, what about it?”
“get Marrisa, meet me over there ASAP”

Micheal and Marrisa made there way to the graveyard, guided only by the bleached out light of the moon that loomed lazily on the raven black pallet of night clouds.
“Whats this about, mike?” questioned Marrisa testily. She hated the darkness with a passion.
“Your guess is as good as mine, Marrisa” retorted Micheal, slightly annoyed at marrissas constant questioning. “Jake just told us to get to the graveyard, that’s all I know” said he, as they biked there way into the graveyard entrance, which was overgrown with weeds. Crunching along the gravely walk, Marrisa felt something wrapping around her ankle. Flailing her arms, she screeched out in horror, falling to the ground, luckily cushioned by weeds.
“Mike, heeeeeeellp!!!”
Mike turned to face hear, only to find her spread out onto the ground. Chuckling to himself
“What, are you doing?” he asked, helping Marisa to get herself untangled from the weed her foot was snagged on.
“very funny, jerk!” Marisa yelled, scrambling back up.
“hurry up, Marissa, jakes gonna think we ditched ‘em. and watch for weeds, will ya?” he barked, running to find Jake.

Jake was looming over a sunken in grave, using a flashlight to peer into it, when Marissa and Michael came stomping to find him.
“Bout time, guys.” Jake said airily, studying the grave intently.
“what’s all this about?” asked Marissa, eager for answers. Jake merely pointed to the sunken in grave. Peering over the edge, mike saw a stone door, slightly ajar.
”lets go” Jake said monotonously, Leaping into into the grave, and crawling on all fours through the stone door. As soon as Marissa and Michael crawled in after him, the door shut. Tightly. The only light was the dim circle of light emitted from jakes flashlight. Other than that, it was as black as midnight. Worriedly, Marissa asked
“Jake, whats going on…?” no reply. “Jake?” she blacked out.



Michael woke sometime later, though he had no idea when, as he had no idea what time it was, where he was, or how he got there. Restrained tightly by his side, was Marissa. Taking a better look around, he saw he was in a dimly lit room, which he noted was rather large. Off to one corner, was jake, huddled over some type of pit, with his back to them. “Ja…Jake…what are you doing?”
“Awake, are we?” came the reply from Jake, though sounding nothing like him. His voice was deep and raspy, like that of a crow. “Tell, me boy, do you know why you’re here?” he croaked, making his way to the helpless captives.
“Jake, what the heck are you doing?!? This isn’t funny!” untying Marissa, she fell to a heap. Groaning slightly, she slowly came to, apparently out of her senses. Slinging her over his shoulders, he shambled off back to the dark pit, laying her by its edge. “let her go, Jake!” shouted Michael hoarsely.
Jake cackled “idiot boy, have you no sense? I’m not Jake. I’m merely using his body, as mine is no longer usable! After 200 years, ones body tends to rot away, it seems.” Marrisa was fully awake, and had apparently came to her senses.
“why are you doing this?” she cried, tears streaming down her face. without even looking, Jake kicked back, striking her in the stomach, sending her down the pit. Her screams were loud as the wailing of a police siren, and clearly audible as she fell deeper and deeper. Michael was dumbstruck. after being cut from his rope prison, Michael found he could not move. He felt…funny. He found himself rising against his will, stiffly walking to the pit that Marissa had just been thrown down, he stopped. Again, against his will, he turned to face Jake.
“by the way, Michael, you can call me Miguel” Michael took a step back, and fell to his death.
© Copyright 2007 Mutandis (mutandis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1204303-Miguels-Revenge