*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209555-East-Side-Throwaways-The-Fall-Of-Saints
by RKO
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1209555
The Intro into my story about gangs, corrupted politics and the decay of civilisation
The East Side Throwaways: The Fall of Saints
Introduction

It is a cold, dark night on the 4th of November 2029. The sound of traffic mirrors the loneliness of the New York society. The sky is red like the blood of a thousand victims, grazed along the New York City skyline. There is an eerie chill to the night as a combination of smashed glass and screams can be heard echoing through the stubborn old city. In the shadows of the sky scraping monstrosities lays the violence, bloodshed and acts of criminal conduct spanning from vandalism to rape and even murder. Some of these criminals are just merely young kids who are lost, confused and corrupted by the Sinicism and lack of authority and or leadership. The darkness represents the dark political controversy that dictates the welfare of the state and the miserable inhabitants that live there.
There was a time when people would feel safe leaving their home and neighbours could borrow a cup of sugar. Nowadays, however this is far from the case. The only thing borrowed from one another is grief and maniacal fear. The election in the spring of 27 was the beginning of the end for the state as it was formerly known. The former president; Kenneth Campbell was shot dead in his home on that morning of April 12th, this brutal act of immorality and tragedy would be followed by the kidnapping and ongoing torture of the vice president Brent Howards ultimately ending with the public suicide; flinging himself from a bridge. This act of sin inspired an army of misguided youths and the suicide count was up to a staggering 200% increase in the year of 2027.
Towards the end of 27, the city had taken a different form, one time tourist attractions such as Times Square and The Statue of Liberty were now much less people friendly because of the numerous gangs that stalked the sunlight away through the cold, hard streets. The population, at one time was as high as 20 million, that number was now closer to 3-5 million. 35% of this population was that of gangs. A further 20% of the population was that of corrupted law enforcement officers and polluted political parties.
The current political party ‘running’ the city was primarily run by a man named Benjamin Saint, then secondarily by his cabinet of entrusted friends and family such as his half brother James Saint aka Saint Jimmy as he is more commonly referred. The Saint Brothers are infamous for their underhanded tactics and are under general suspicion for the murder of the former president Kenneth Campbell. Saint Jimmy is a former convict for armed robbery and is believed to have killed a prison warden whilst inside but this has been kept out of general circulation to avoid further investigations into the on goings of the Saints’ affairs.

In the shadowed city of New York there are a number of different forms of authority. There is that of political power primarily run by the Saint Brothers, then there are the police; there is straight edge, hard working and loyal police officers but these are of small amount and this amount is getting smaller as they are either leaving the city or are being killed by the ever increasing gangs throughout. There are then the corrupt police officers that have given in to bribes and threats and are now the personal property of the Saint Brothers. The most overlooked and under-rated piece of power throughout the city is that of the many gangs.
There are over 200 gangs, each consisting of anywhere between 15 – 60 members. Gangs such as the L.O.D. (Liberty of Death), this gang are most commonly seen on the shorelines of Liberty Island and along the mouth of the Hudson River. They are well established as ruthless, power hungry and extremely streetwise. Another gang is the New York City Giants named after the defunct NFL team of the same name. This gang resides out of the former Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands Sport Complex of which is now used by drug pushers, pimps and the homeless. These are two of the more established gangs, but there is one particular gang of which resides along the East River underneath the Manhattan Bridge. This gang goes by the name of The East Side Throwaways. These are a younger, less savvy gang that often take part in petty crimes to gain the money for their artillery.
Most gangs are recognisable by their distinctive colours; The New York City Giants wear the jerseys of their namesake, this is a Royal Blue accompanied by red and grey. The L.O.D. wear a blood like red accompanied by black and the E.S.T. wear sinister green and gold attire.
Each gang has their territory and this is noticeable by the spray paint that most gangs choose to use. The gangs’ tags are generally quite dark and ominous.
© Copyright 2007 RKO (iwillrkoyou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209555-East-Side-Throwaways-The-Fall-Of-Saints