*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223663-Ill-Stop-the-World-and-Melt-With-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Relationship · #1223663
Its a story of a girl and the experiences that happen to her as she goes threw her life. .
Isabella walked down the dusty road looking up as the sun pierced through the tree tops; she sighed sounding like a dutiful lover accepting the light kiss of the sun. Outward she appeared serene, inside she was a little bit puzzled.
She hadn’t seen Adam in three weeks and that bothered her. She looked to the ground and kicked a rock to the side. She wondered if she loved him and then she laughed bitterly knowing that he had stolen her heart the day she met him.
She had known him since grade school but never had he paid her any attention until junior year. Now she looked to the left and to the right and decided she had nature and she didn’t need Adam to make her happy.
Stopping by the river she dipped her bare foot in and watched as ripples formed she was lost in thought when she heard step foots behind her.
“I thought you were no longer interested,” She murmured not needing to look behind to know who it is.
“I’m not,” He replied in a cold tone.
Isabella got up furious at that response and turned around.
“Your not!,” She yelled passionately shoving at Adam’s chest, he didn’t try to stop her. “Then why the hell are you here?,” she asked now hitting him in the chest with her fists, Adam had to grip her wrists to stop her from hitting him, still she wrestled to get free like a wild cat and he had to tackle her to the ground and restrain her to keep her from hurting him. He looked down on her since he used his entire body to settle her.
“Cut it out Izzy,” he yelled trying to settle.
“Don’t call me THAT,” she spat. “You used me and now that you have me your no longer interested. Get away from me and I’ll stop. Run home to your stupid family and leave me alone!”
“Just because I’m no longer interested in you doesn’t mean that I don’t desire you down to my bones,” he explained shoving at her so she finally stopped and he got up to walk away.
For a second she just sat there replaying what he said. Just because I’m not interested doesn’t mean I don’t desire you down to my bones.
I’m not going to let him get away. She got up and ran over to him he turned around right as Isabella pushed him into the river and started to run away.
She heard him sputter and splash calling her vicious names for throwing him into the river. Her heart pounded hoping he wouldn’t retaliate but when she heard him running and catching up to her she tried to run faster so he wouldn’t catch.
Too bad he did catch, he swung her around grabbed her arms threw her up against the trunk of the tree and kissed her angrily. She refused to open her lips so he teased them with his tongue until she parted her lips. She felt the front of her shirt getting wet and finally surrended to her senses throwing her arms around him and dragging him closer to her. Somehow their bodies found the ground and entwind themselves, one starving for the other feeding off their passions. Feeling this way at only seventeen. It was original, special.
Isabella came up for air, she looked into Adam’s eyes and he stared back he looked satisfied but she could see from his eyes that he did not love her.
She shoved him off her with disgust and tried to get up be he caught her ankle and she fell forward. She turned on her back and kicked her foot at him trying to get free.
“Let me go you big Jerk I hate you!!,” she cried.
He ignored her response getting a better grip on her and straddling her hips so he could get her to stop fidgetting so much. He held her by the arms and she grunted trying to fight him by wrestling her arms free but she soon found it to be a bust.
“Look Iz your not going to win so you might as well listen to what I have to say,” he exclaimed.
“Never you leech I despise you I don’t want to hear anything you have to say.”
“That’s not the feeling I got when you almost made love to me not just five minutes ago,” Adam said.
“Owhhhh…” Izzy spoke fumed. Adam just laughed finding her anger funny.
“I may not date you Izzy and I may date other girls. In fact I will be dating other girls at school but I see you with another guy, if I see you flirt or kiss another boy he’ll rue the day he met you and I mean it Izzy.”
And with that he let me go. Shoved me to the ground for assurance. Asshole I thought, telling me not to see other guys but he could basically fuck any girl he wanted. I don’t think so he in for a very big ride.
So I threw the closest rock I could find at him for my reassurance. And I heard it hit him at the back his head, heard the intake of his breath. Saw him turn around with an angry look on his face and stared dumbfounded as he walked back towards me. When he reached me he grabbed me hard by the shoulders and shook me.
Thank God I heard the sounds of someone coming up behind us.
“Hey guys are you okay?”
I closed my eyes with thanks to whoever watched over me. Someone had come before Adam could inflict his anger on me.
“Were fine Tom,” Adam said adamantly looking sternly at the intruder who dared to interrupt him.
“Izzy are you alright,” Tom asked hesitantly looking at Adam with a wary eye.
I smiled the best fake smile I could at him “I’m fine Tom,” I responded yanking my arm from Adam’s grip. “In fact would you like to take me home its only a few more steps up the road it would mean the world to me,” I said sweetly encircling my arm in his. I looked at Adam, he didn’t move but I could see he was seething with anger by the twitch I saw in his jaw.
“Well…ah if you insist,” Tom said looking confused while I lead him around Adam.
“Oh I certainly do,” I said smiling coyly
“Bye Adam have a nice day,” I said in the sweetest tone that would have made any person in hearing distance cringe.

The next fews days were Hell on Earth or at least they were to me. I watched Adam go from girl to girl like they were pieces of candy he couldn’t get enough of. The worst of it all was that every time he saw me in the hallway or at lunch he would ignore me, me and pay more attention to the girl he had his arm circled around. Why should I care though? He already said he wasn’t interested in me that way. But to the Devil if that made it okay for him to humilate me like this!
Luckily I had my own scheming mind in whipped up shape I smiled devishily when I spotted poor Tom walking meekly down the hallway. What I was about to do to Tom was cruel but I didn’t care the little green monster that had been roaring on my shoulder for the past fourty eight hours wanted free of its gilded cage.
As soon as Adam finished laughing at something one of his sluts was saying and he looked over with a lingering smile I grabbed Tom from the mob of people in the center of the hallway, dragged against my body so we were both leaning against the lockers and laid my lips down on his. To my surprise he kissed me back and he wasn’t all that bad which made it easier to keep on going.
People made hoots in the hallway which gave Tom more encouragement by wrapping an arm around my waist. I was just starting to compare his kissing to Adam’s when suddenly his warm body was ripped away from mine and I heard him crash to the lockers on the other side.
I opened my eyes with my lips thoroughly kissed to see Adam’s angry face in front of me. He looked at my clouded eyes and became more enraged at the knowledge that Tom had actually made me feel good.
“What the bloody hell do you think you are doing!” Adam yelled grabbing me by the shoulders and shaking me. “You were acting like the biggest slut this town has ever seen have you no shame?”
I shoved him and he let my arms free, I fist my hands by my side trying not to hit him out of anger. “What’s it to you,” I said angrily pushing at his chest. “You seem perfectly occupied with your own little hussy!!” I shouted.
He smiled and I became scared because it looked more like a sneer. “So your jealous, is that the problem,” he asked. “Well we can fix that,” he replied grabbing me by the arm and steering me towards the girls bathroom.
“Where are you taking me,” I cried fighting him. “Let me go your hurting me.”
He opened the girls bathroom and hurled me inside I hit the wall with a thud. I watched my eyes wide as he locked the door so no one could get in. I heard one of the toilets flush and a girl emerged innocently. She looked at me and then at Adam she was about to say something but Adam got their first.
“Get out,” he roared opening the door and jabbing his thumb towards the exit.
The girl made a squeak and rushed out of the bathroom like she had a fox on her tail. I wished she had not left because his attention was turned back towards me and my heart started beating really as he started towards me.
“Now Adam just think for a minute,” I said warily holding my hands out to void him off. “ It was just a little kiss nothing more,” I spoke wearily and looked up now that he stood right in front of me.
“Just a kiss,” he fumed at me eyes blazing with anger. “Just a kiss? You were all over him like some sleazy prostitute,” he spoke bitterly and then laughed. “Just a kiss,” he smiled bitterly.
“Well what about you,” I asked my eyes narrowing to slits. “You seemed to have your hands full as well,” I spoke sarcastically my jealously hanging on my sleeve.
He laughed but I was scared because he wasn’t laughing like normal people do he was laughing like someone who was a step away from the loony bin.
“If I knew you would have gotten so jealous I would have made sure not to flaunt the other girls in front of you,” he spoke now amused more than angry.
“I’m not jealous,” I lied standing on my tiptoes nose to nose with him now. “I just find Tom to be a really good kisser,” I lied. “In fact I might ask him out.”
“You pain in the ass,” Adam said decisively. “I’ll show you a good kiss.”
I barely had any warning, he picked me up by the waist like I weighed no more than a kid and lowered his head towards mine and kissed me like I had never been kissed before.
I have to tell you it stopped my heart, it really died if I could stay in one moment for the rest of my life it would be here now in this bathroom with Adam kissing me with more passion then ten people experience in their lifetime. It’s completely perfect better than all the movies.
It started getting pretty serious when I started responded back I turned so it was him facing the back of the bathroom wall and I leaned into him. Our tongues tortured each other, he grabbed my waist and I placed my hand against the wall so I wouldn’t fall.
So we looked completely ridiculous, I had my legs wrapped around his waist, were kissing like maniacs and somehow we make our way over the sinks and he places me down on the edge of the sink and holds my head with both of his hands and leans his forehead against mine both of us trying to catch our breath.
This is what happens whenever we get pissed with each other we end up basically almost having sex. One day if we get alcohol into our systems and get pissed at each other will probably end up the next day butt naked next to each other wondering what the hell happened the night before.
“You drive me crazy Izzy,” he admitted in a soft voice still trying to catch my breath.
My heart leapt at his admission it wasn’t like hearing that he loved me but it was the next best thing.
People started banging on the bathroom door making angry remarks. Adam and me looked towards the door and just stared not really caring about the people on the other side. Fuck them, we would open the door when we felt like it.
I got off the sink and brushed my pants off and opened the damn door, twelve angry eyes stared at Adam and I expecting us to feel guilty or something. I took his hand and brushed passed them. We actually dropped our stuff in my locker and walked arm in arm out of school. Finally I was doing what I wanted. Living. We ran out to the parking lot laughing high on life and lust, Adam has a convertible he told me a long time ago he lived life in the fast lane and he had wanted a car to reflect that.
I jumped in not even opening the door turned over to see Adam smile at me before hauling out of the studet parking lot and flying past the security flipping the bird.
The wind in my hair felt great I felt great, everything just felt right. So what if Adam didn’t love me, I didn’t mean I could love for the both of us. Sooner or later he would come around I was sure of it.
We pulled up to my house and stopped in the driveway and when he put the car in park he looked over at me and didn’t say anything.
“Why are we parked in front of my house,” I asked him smiling amused.
“Well I have to go meet Kerri at Starbucks I told her I would meet her there and then go back to her house. Her parents are gone for two day,” he explained in a casual, nonchalant tone.
I couldn’t believe him! What was wrong with him? Didn’t he understand anything that happened in the past hour? How could he be such an uncaring jerk.
“I don’t believe you!,” I sputtered furious looking at him with daggers in my eyes. “How can you go off with another girl after you basically told me that your crazy about me.”
“No,” Adam spoke getting a little irritated himself. “I said you make me crazy, something completely different from being crazy about you. Plus I’m only seventeen what do you expect from me? Love? Marriage? Get real.”
I couldn’t believe it I seriously couldn’t, once again I was pulled into the force of a guy that knew nothing about how girls are or at least not this girl. Suddenly I realized I wasn’t going to give my heart out like a fool anymore. I was going to be no one’s clown from now on.
“Were over,” I spoke in a finite tone opening the car door and slamming it shut with as much force as possible. “Next time you see me,” I spoke with full bitterness. “Look the other way.
With that I walked away from him, I didn’t cry even when I heard the car skid out of my driveway I kept on walking. I don’t know how to explain it but it was one of those moments in your life when you had two choices, two serious choices and one path led you down the deep dark rabbit hole and the other one was like meeting God and having him ripping the veil from your eyes for the first time to see how things really are and not what you want them to be. I wanted Adam’s love but instead I found out that he doesn’t love anyone.
So dusting myself off I took a deep breath and smiled, really smiled and veered off from the front walkway to the backyard. I felt giddy so I danced, that’s right I danced right in the middle of the damn yard. Crazy happy to be free of damn Adam dancing. Ahh….it felt good.
I was so distracted from my own bliss that I didn’t really notice someone was watching me.
“Tom,” I breathed surprised.
“Hey,” he said walking towards me his hands in his pockets. “I saw you leave school with Adam pretty quickly, you guys looked like you were on your way to trouble.”
I laughed, “Far from it. He just wanted to drop me off before he went to spend time with Kerri,” I spoke a little bit bitterly.
“I’m taking it that you guys fought?,” he said smiling not really surprised.
“More like I told him that the next time he saw me to walk the other,” I laughed trying to not let my hurt show.
“Sorry,” he grimaced.
I shrugged my shoulders, “It’s not your fault you couldn’t have known he would have turned out to be a bastard.”
“Yeah,” he responded smiling shyly.
“So…what are you doing here?,” I asked crossing my arms over my chest curious.
“Well,” he said walking closer to me his hands still in his pockets carelessly grabbing a strand of grab and twisting it in hand. “Its hard to explain,” he laughed looking down and then up in my eyes.
He came closer I wanted to step back he was invading my personal space and it made me feel…Well I don’t really don’t know how it made me feel.
“Is it wrong to tell you Iz that…,” he sighed. “You’re the first thing I think about when I wake up and that your last think about when I lay down to sleep. How when I hear a girl laugh at my jokes I see you in my mind laughing at me and your smile looking back at me. You give me a purpose to go on.”
I not going to lie I literally looked at him with a speechless expression. No one, no one has ever said anything like that to me before. It was scary that someone could confess something so intense to me. I wanted to run and leave this confrontation. His confession hit me home, in the sense that someone else was like that for me but it wasn’t Tom. Tom was too proper for me.
“Tom I don’t want to hurt your feelings but I don’t feel that way for you at all,” I confessed with a pity face. Sorry to crush this really nice guys feelings.
“You like me Izzy,” he smiled. “You just don’t know it yet,” he stated running the blade of grass over my nose lightly making it tickle. Who did this guy think he was Fabio? When I say I don’t like someone I don’t like them.
“Tom I mean what I say,” I growled angrily. “When I say I don’t have feelings for you I don’t have feelings for you.”
He laughed and told me he would see me tomorrow in school. When he was gone I ran my hands threw my hair frustrated. Why didn’t any of these guys respect me. Trust my judgement and take me seriously? I sat on the ground and looked over the harbor. When was I going to take a stand and get my life the way I wanted it. Stop being a man’s punching bag and take the reins and make them run in circles? I suddenly had a great idea but it was going to take some serious effort.
The next day I made my mother take me to the parlor, I showed the hair dresser the picture of the style I wanted. She looked at me then the picture and back at me again. She sighed and told me this was going to take some serious effort.
In the next hour the girl cut of eight inches of my perfect long brown hair. Cut it in to so many layers that it made my head spin. Then she went to phase two: color. More specifically blonde. Platinum blonde. When she was finished the poor hair stylist wiped her brow and smiled proud at her accomplishment and turned me around to show the new me. When I saw what I looked like I screamed and then jumped up and hugged the hair stylist. All five feet and seven inches of me. She told me that I looked like the your version of Scarlet Johanson and told me if the boys didn’t notice me now they sure would be dropping at me feet to lick my toes now.
When my mom saw me she cried and told me she had never seen me look more beautiful. Then gave me information that made every girl gush with excitement. She said she wanted to take me shopping for a new wardrobe.
I arrived at school late around one o’clock feeling slightly nervous in my new jimmy choos and black strapless dress donned with a fabulous guess jean jacket. I looked around and wondered why all the guys I passed stopped their conversation and stared at me with their mouths hanging open. One kid took a look at me and stopped to look at me again only to drop his books. I knew how that felt.
It was only when I looked in my locker mirror that I understood why. I looked the most beautiful creature that could possibly walk the earth. I didn’t even recognize myself. I now knew what I hid underneath my old hair and clothes. A beauty that was so powerful it seemed dangerous to me. If that makes any sense. It just scared me to be this attractive.
I shut my locker door smiling getting ready for chemistry when I saw Kerri laughing with Adam. She looked over at me and her eyes bugged out with what looked like fear or disbelief. At that moment I looked every inch a immortal goddess. The way I should have stood and looked all my life. Everything that shined on the outside showed who I had always been on the inside. Who I had always been.
Adam looked over and stopped letting go of Kerri and started his way over to me. Kerri pulled on his arm but he shrugged her off still staring at me up and down afraid that if he blinked I might disappear. I stared him down when he came up in front of me. Telling him with my body what he had given up because of his hubris and arrogance. He came up and ran a finger threw my hair. Then looked at his hand.
“What the hell happened to you,” he spoke bewildered.
“I decided for a change,” I said in a curt tone my expression hard.
“I’ll say,” he laughed nervously and then started laughing so loud that he doubled over clutching his stomach.
“Something funny,” I hissed at him my anger growing by the minute.
“Its just…Its just…you look so stupid,” he laughed tears starting to slip from his eyes.
I started to walk away my hands fisted at my sides. How dare he tell me I look stupid! He was supposed to be licking my toes right now like a dumb dog. How dare him!
“Oh come on,” he laughed. “You got to admit its pretty funny the blond hair, the makeup and the dress. You look like you dressed for a tumble in someone’s back seat,” he hooted laughing.
“Well that’s exactly what Tom said when we took that tumble in the back seat of his car just this morning,” I lied sweetly in a husky tone hoping to hit him home just out of spite.
“I hope your kidding,” he growled grabbing my arm to stop me.
I smiled at him with a sexy expression and a mischievous sparkle in my eyes, “Nope I’m not. After you ditched me yesterday for Kerri Tom showed up and well we out we have a lot in common,” I smiled licking upper lip and looking away from Adam as if I was remembering something extremely pleasurable.
“Your lying,” he hissed his eyes narrowing to slits.
“Nope I’m supposed to meet him tonight. I’m telling my parents I’m going to the library to study,” sighed with satisfaction, “I’m going to the library alright,” I laughed wickedly.
“You lying jezebel,” Adam roared. “Where is he,” Adam raged and my expression went from amusement to fear. “Tom where the hell are you,” Adam roared in the hallway I ran to catch up with him.
“Adam stop yelling your going to get me in trouble and then I’m going to hit you for it,” I yelled at him.
“Tom,” Adam yelled looking from student to student. It was ridiculous how angry he was.
“Adam,” A voice called out. I shut my eyes with irritation. Why did he have to answer the idiot.
I watched Adam walk up to Tom his jaw was ticking I knew he was ripped if he was doing that. It was so stupid we weren’t even going out. He had no right to do anything to Tom. I just wanted to make Adam jealous not homicidal.
“Tom did you go over to see Isabel yesterday,” Adam gritted threw clenched teeth.
“Yeah, what’s it to you? You ditched her so I went there to comfort her. Plus you guys aren’t even anything I’m allowed to talk to who I please,” he threw back at Adam irritated.
“Not to her,” Adam growled. “You stay away from her.”
“Or what,” Tom spoke crossing his arms over his chest waiting for Adam’s response.
I don’t know who was more surprised me or Tom to see Adam’s hand extend out and hit Tom right in the face. I ran up to Adam and yanked on his arm and he shrugged me off and charged at Tom. Tom got up shakingly and starting running down the hall towards the door and was right behind him and I followed both idiots in suit.
Thank god my chemistry teacher came out of the class to see what the heck was going on.
“Mr. Pax, Western and Miss Shaw principal’s office now,” Mrs. Clear spoke with disapproval pointing the opposite direction where we were.
I jabbed Adam in the solar plexus in irritation glad to hear him gasp before walking my way to the pricipal’s office. Tom tried to catch up with me but Adam hit him at the back of the head and stepped in front of him completely disabling whatever intentions Tom had.
I was pissed, by the time I reached the principals office I had a weeks worth of out of school suspension while Adam and Tom were on Academic probation. One more incident and they were up for expulsion. At least that made some dent in my bad mood. I needed to release some stress. I needed to do something drastic. Something that would completely take my mind off boys and school. The question was what to do? What to do?
The next day I started my first day of out of school suspension. Instead of staying inside my room which my parents had concluded was my new home considering I was grounded until further notice, I slipped out my bedroom window around eight and headed towards the river.
The night was cool and a slight breeze made the tree tops sway with majesty. The dirt road crunched beneath my feet and I strolled casually kicking a rock hear and there in frustration. It times like this when I’m alone that I have a tendency to analyze my life. I have lived in the south all my life. The sweet smell of Louisana’s flowers reminds me of my childhood before complications and boys came into the picture. When things were simple and it was just you and nature.
The river was flowing fast by the time I got down to it. I sat on its bank and rested my head on my knees I looked up at the moon again it was full and looked pregnant. It was red too which didn’t make me feel so well. The people of Louisana tended to be very suspicious due to past history and all. I dipped my foot in the river it was cold and felt good. Had it been freezing out it would have been a different story.
I pulled at my hair contemplating how even though I had gone under a complete transformation I was still where I had started at the beginning of the year. Nothing was ever going to change. Life was always going to stay the same. Boring and predictable.
“Your very beautiful girl,” A voice spoke from behind.
I turned around to see a complete stranger leaning against the tree staring at me with a smile on his face.
“Don’t worry I’m not going to hurt you,” he mused as if he had read the thoughts right of my head.
“Who are you?” I asked the stranger in a tone that was indistinguishable to me.
“A friend,” he spoke coming towards me I watched with approval as he towered right over me and then crotched down to my eye level. I sat there for thirty seconds just staring into his eyes. I felt right like I had finally come home. It sounds weird I know but this stranger was somehow important to me.
© Copyright 2007 Meredith OShea (bitterbutter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1223663-Ill-Stop-the-World-and-Melt-With-You