*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1225404-Complication
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by dwessa
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1225404
There's this problem, see? And the thing is she doesn't know how to fix it.
Complication
There's this problem, see? And the thing is she doesn't know how to fix it.

- - -


There's this problem, see? And the thing is she doesn't know how to fix it (doesn't want to admit that she doesn't want to fix it). Because...she loves him. She actually loves him (don't ask her why, she doesn't know).

And if he wasn't such a stupid asshole, maybe he'd notice that. But he is an asshole, a huge one. He's rude (never says thank you) and he's bossy (always telling her what to do) and he burps! All the time, too. Like the one time they went to eat pizza, or that time she dragged him to the mall.

He did it right in the middle of the store.

Gods, she was so embarassed.

So, yeah. She doesn't know why she loves him. At first she thought it was because of the small things, like...How she's always paying for them and then he'll just randomly decide to take the check.

Then she realizes he's only ever done that once, and it was because they went to that restaurant where he had all these coupons. And then she goes, "Shit," because, really.

He just looks at her weird when she does that, and she's got the nerve to blush. She never blushes.

She thinks about it for a while and comes up with maybe it's because he's a good kisser? But then again, he's only ever kissed her a few times and a 'few times' are never anything to go by.

He's got a dirty mouth on him, too. Literally and figurativelly and it annoys her something fierce (except that one when he did that thing with his mouth and his fingers. That felt good. She didn't mind it then).

It's not the sex. They haven't done it yet. They've done everything except that. It grates on her sometimes but then she thinks that she's thinking like a whore, and then it grates on her even more.

He's certainly not romantic (oh god, no). Him? Romantic? When pigs fly! Not for a lack of trying, though. He does try a lot, she can give him that. He's always failing, though, so it's only fair she takes it away.

He wants to start a band and he's got his own guitar, even though he can't play it. In fact, he's got no musical talent whatsoever, and he can't sing. He's full of these dreams that are never going to come true simply because he is...who he is.

He's a selfish brat with a rich father who never gives him any money (so of course money's out).

And there's this problem, see? It's like...he loves her too. And that's just not on. Because, sure, she loves him, but she can't stand him most of the time and he can't stand her either. And, yeah.

He loves her and that's the problem, because they are so not right for each other.

Nobody's ever loved her before, and that's a problem too. And she's coming to realize that she doesn't love him (well, she does, but listen!) for him, for who he is...She just loves him because he loves her.

And...yeah.

- fin -
© Copyright 2007 dwessa (dwessa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1225404-Complication