*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249441-Lisa-Runs-Away
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1249441
A short story about a little girl finding a mom
Lisa’s runs away

“Come on Laura, or are you scared of the dark gloomy attic now” Lisa looked right at Laura taughting her as they both stood in front of the dark doorway to the attic.

“No I’m not scared of anything, just want to get back downstairs before we get caught” Laura liked Lisa, but she was usually a good kid.

Lisa glared at Laura thinking why go back downstairs. They were stuck in the horrid orphanage with Ms Cheyenne Baptista. All she did was beat them for no reason. Laura was getting adopted soon by her new parents. As for Lisa, she knew she’d never get parents so why be good. She was so happy for her friend; she knew Laura was going to get what she wanted. Lisa envied her so badly. Lisa so wanted a loving family just for herself. She knew no one wanted a little brat like her. She sometimes thought of being good, but why when no one was going to adopt you.

Sitting on the step of the stairs, Lisa watched eagerly as Laura new parents came and took her away to her new home. Seeing her best friend leaving, she ran to her dorm room and looking out the window, feeling a tear slowly rolling down her small petite cheek. Started making her dream she had someone to love her.

Lying on her bed a few days after Laura had gone. Lisa started to think if she was going to find anyone for herself. Walking downstairs, into the big playroom; she was Ms Baptista sitting there snoring her head away. Lisa thought this was her chance to run away and try finding a family for herself.

She walked back into the hallway, grabbing her jacket and sneakers. She opened the door and creeping out slowly and quietly as she could.  Walking down the path bare footed. Getting to the gate, she slipped her sneakers on, ran out the gate as fast as her little feet could take her.

Getting to the bus-stop, she waited patiently for the next bus into town. Climbing onto the bus and sitting down. She watched the houses, blocks and stores go by as the buss went down the streets and finally into the mall depot. Getting of the bus, she ran into the mall, wanting to get to the train station to find her new family there she thought.

As she was running into the mall, she bumped into a tall slim lady. Lisa nearly knocking the lady flying with her shopping back; falling over herself. Getting herself onto her feet; looking at the lady. Not sure what to say or do. Lisa ran away from the lady, thinking she would take her back. She wasn’t going back there no-way she thought to herself. 

Running out the mall entrance across a busy street, thinking about finding herself a new mommy or daddy or even both if she was very lucky. Crossing another busy street; nearly getting hit by a fast moving truck. She turned to see the truck whizzing off into the distance. Lisa saw the lady following her she nearly knocked over. She started getting scared and panicking. Not sure what to do or say. She ran back across the busy street, trying to lose the lady. She never wanted to go back to the orphanage.

The lady grabbed hold of Lisa, pulling her onto the path. She had just saved Lisa from being his by a bus. Lisa was thankful, but trying to get out the woman’s grasp on her arm.

“Let me go, your not taking me back there lady” Lisa tried kicking at the woman’s legs. Only being 6 years of age she didn’t have much strength.

“Calm down child, I’m not taking you anywhere yet” Melissa held onto the girl, feeling for her.

Melissa looked at Lisa, with a smile, she wondered where did she come from, where was she running from. Looking at her small sweet face, she was starting to like her. She smiled at Lisa, and took hold of her small tiny hand. She was trying to comfort her, calm her if she could.

“Let me go lady, I’m not going back, don’t take me back please” Lisa started to plead with the woman.

“Sweetie where would I take you, I wanted to check you didn’t hurt yourself; where are your parents child” Melissa was more concerned about why Lisa was out alone in a busy town and streets.

Lisa looking at the woman, not sure what make of her. She seemed so nice, not like Ms Baptista who would lock her in a cupboard or room. Lisa wasn’t used to someone being nice to her or anything. This woman was different to what she was used to in her small life.

“Back to the orphanage lady” Lisa wasn’t sure about this woman.

“You say you don’t have parents” Melissa got a thought in her head. She wanted this little girl standing before her as her daughter, but she needed to find out if she wanted to go home with her.

“No Miss, you are going to take me back right. Please I run away again if you do” Lisa was planning on finding herself a family.

“No sweetie, how about we get some pizza and ice cream. How’s that sound” Melissa looked at Lisa, smiling at her sweet face, ruffling her hair.

Looking up at the woman, wondering if she could be the family Lisa so much longed for. She started looking round, not sure what she was going to do. Thinking about what this woman was asking her. She had missed having breakfast; her tummy was starting to rumble for food. So Lisa nodded at the thought of having pizza and ice cream. “Yes I like that lady, I am Lisa”.

Smiling she took hold of Lisa’s hand, walking with her bags of shopping in one hand, Lisa in another to the upper floor of the mall. They both walked to the pizza restaurant. Helping Lisa into the booth seat, Melissa sat opposite her and smiled. She poured Lisa a glass of water for her, then for herself also.

While they both waiting for the waiter to come take their order. Melissa watched Lisa as she started to sip at her glass of water. Smiling at her, she thought she was going to love it if Lisa would become her little girl. Melissa just watched Lisa, as she sipped her water and nibbled at the bread sticks. Melissa knew the child much be very hungry, but she was trying to show she wasn’t.

The waiter came to their table; Melissa ordered their pizza and an orange juice for Lisa, while she had a coffee for herself. Smiling as the waiter went to make up their order, she watched Lisa, thinking how sweet she looked, even if she did look like a dirty little girl. Looking over Lisa as they waited for the food, she wondered if the orphanage would let Melissa take Lisa home now not later in a few days.

As they both ate the pizza, Melissa watched as Lisa gulped down eat slide she ate. She was so glad Lisa was getting something good inside her. As they finished the pizza up, Melissa knew she owed Lisa some ice cream.

“Can I have the ice cream now please?” Lisa asked with a big dirty grin with tomato sauce round her mouth.

“Well first, lets clean you up, then we’re both go get a nice ice cream cone on the way back to your home” Melissa had to think of something to say to Ms Cheyenne Baptista.

Melissa helped Lisa out the booth, getting a napkin and wiping her face, making sure she got all of the tomato sauce off and she was clean. She took Lisa’s hand, walking them both out of the food court. She walked them both to the lift, getting in and walking through the car park to her car. She put her shopping into the back of her car. She helped Lisa into the back, buckling her in. Driving them both to the orphanage, Melissa thought about Lisa all the way there. She so wanted to take Lisa home with her.

As Melissa pulled up outside the orphanage; getting out the car. Melissa wanted to get back into her car and drive home with Lisa. She knew she couldn’t do that, she didn’t want leave Lisa here either. Just looking at the building she had goose-bumps coming up all over her skin. She had a gut feeling Lisa wasn’t safe here at all. Opening the door, unbuckling Lisa taking her hand and helping her out the hummer car

© Copyright 2007 Lee Jay (lace.raven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249441-Lisa-Runs-Away