*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1251779-Forgiving
by Lauren
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1251779
Can Casy Ross forgive the bully that has picked on her before time runs out?
Casy was graduating grammer school and she was relieved. She hated school. Even though she was getting all "A's" in all her classes, she still hated school. Mainly because of Jasmin Holly, The popular girl in school and also the richest. Jasmin hated Casy. Casy didnt know why. She never did anything to her.
Casy sat with her mother at the graduation party. Because Casy had no friends. She sat with her mother, unlike all the other girls who sat with her friend.
The party started at seven. It was eight and Casy already wanted to leave.
"Lets just go. There's nothing to do here."
"Casy, we just got here. Lets at least wait until they pass out the food."
"I'm going to the bathroom, OK mom."
"OK"
Casy was washing her hands when she heard the door open. When Casy turned to see who it was, it was Jasmin Holly and her friends.
"Oh, look who's here girls. Its Albino Casy." The girls laughed at Jasmins cruel joke.
Casy just rolled her eyes and headed out the door when Jasmin grabbed her by her hair and slammed her into a stall. All the girls surrounded the stall as Jasmin cornered Casy.
Casy was not scared, but she was angry. She wanted nothing more then to bang Jasmin's head against the wall. But she knew that if she tried, the girls would stop her.
"Casy, I heard you were talking to Michale the other day," said Jasmin. Michale was a guy that did not have a crush on Jasmin, however, Jasmin thought he did.
"Your still with that?" asked Casy. "We were just talking, get over it."
Out of anger, Jasmin gave Casy in unexpected slap.
Casy returned it with pleasure. But two of the girls grabbed her by the shoulder and sat her in the toilet.
"Don't touch me!" Casy yelled.
Jasmin spat in Casy's face. Casy struggled to get up and beat the crap out of Jasmin but the two girls held her back.
"Listen, White Skin, I don't ever want you talking to him again or believe me, you will regret ever being born without any color." Jasmin and the girls left the bathroom leaving Casy by herself crying herself nearly to death.
Casy just wanted to go home. All Casy had to do to get picked on was being born with a desease. She was an albino. Albino's were people with no color in there hair, there skin was white and almost transparent and the light bothered there eyes.
And because of that, Casy was being picked on. Casy still needed to deal with Jasmin and her followers for another four more years because they were all going to the high school. But what kept Casy going back to school was her dream to be a docter, and no one was going to rob her dream liked they robbed her freedom.


Casy was a senior in high school now. She sat in the rocking chair facing the outside. She had waited for an hour now. Casy was going to the prom, only she was going to do something a little different. She had raised her money to buy the dress. She would make herself a sandwich everyday so that she would not spend money on lunch at school. The money she would usually spend at lunch, she saved it for the dress. She got her hair, nails and makeup done just for the special occasion.
A horn sounded outside.
Casy's heart pounded. Her date was here. She quickly got her purse and turned off all the lights but let the T.V. so that people may think there was someone in the house and not want to brake in.
Casy went outside and got into the red car. Casy's date was like no other. She was an Anatomy class when she met Scott. Scott and Casy became friends. Everyday after school, he would take her to get ice cream. It was like a tradition. Her day did not feel complete unless she had ice cream. Scott was perfect. And when he had asked her to the prom, Casy could not refuse, even though she was not planning to go. Unfortunatly, the date sitting next to her was not Scott. You see, Scott was only asked Casy out to the prom because he felt bad for her, Jasmin came into the scene and told Scott not to feel sorry for Casy. Jasmin filled his head with so much poisen, that he ended up telling Casy that he would not go to the prom with her only hours before the prom. Casy was making last touches when he called her and told her the news. Luckily, Casy was able to get a date for the prom withing hours. That is how her mother ended up being her date. Casy and her mother went to an ice cream parler and ordered two ice creams. They went back to the car, put on a CD and listen to music at full blast while eating ice cream.


"Docter, we need you to come as soon as possible," said a nurse franticaly.
"What's wrong," asked Dr. Casy Ross.
"There is a lady trying to give birth but she is losing tons of blood."
"Take me to her," ordered Casy. As the nurse rushed Casy to the room, Casy asked, "May I have the info of the patient, please."
"Oh Yes, Sorry." The nurse handed Casy a clip board with the patients information. The patient was has been a cancer fighter for over ten years now, she was married and divorced, she had difficulty giving birth with the last child and.... Casy's froze. She had not read the name of the patient untill now. Jasmin J. Holly. Casy dropped the clip board and stood there in disbeliefe.
"Docter, he don't have enough time, we have to hurry."
"No," said Casy. She was not about to look into the eyes of the person how had tormented her throughout her life. "Get someone else."
"But docter, you the only one here. The only one besides you is in the other side of the building."
"I don't care!" Casy snapped at the nurse. She turned around and started to leave. The nurse, on the other hand, was not about to give up.
"Docter, If you just leave, you will be held responsible for her death and the death of her unborn child!"
Casy stopped. She was pregnent. Jasmin was pregnent. Now Casy realized that she could not walk away from her resposibility. She was a docter, and friends or not, she needed to save her life. Casy would not be able to live the rest of her life if she knew she had been the cause of two deaths. She needed to leave the past behind and go save a life.
"Alright," said Casy weakly as she countinued to follow the nurse until the reached the room. When she entered the room, the smell of blood blasted Casy as she saw Jasmin screaming histerically.
Casy took Jasmin's hand. "I need you to calm down, OK?"
Jasmin's eyes widened when she noticed the docter that was going to try and save her life and the life of ther unborn child.
"You didn't answere me. Are you going to stay calm?" asked Casy again.
Jasmin shock her head wildly.
Casy got to work.
After minutes of trying to stop the blood from shooting out, the blood eased off and the baby was born.
A reliefe came over Casy when she saw that the baby came out healthy and crying its tears out. But as she looked at the baby more, she discovered something. Besides the fact that the baby was a boy, he was also albino.
How ironic.
Jasmin, unfortunatly died, minutes after the birth. She never saw were baby boy.
When Casy was younger, she would give anything to see Jasmin die. But now, Casy wished she would have spent more time saving Jasming instead of forgiving her.
© Copyright 2007 Lauren (valisca at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1251779-Forgiving