*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261518-Window-3
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #1261518
Entry for Newbie Triathalon. A short and sweet description of my fictional vacation.
    The quietly breaking waves on the beach woke me up this morning.  I turned to my wife (I still can't believe we are married, it's only been 2 days since our beautiful wedding) and watched her peaceful sleep for about twenty minutes before she woke up.

    After we had a hearty breakfast we went for a walk around the lake.  As we walked hand in hand through the wonderful woods I had many chances for great pictures of the local wildlife and fauna.  We listened to the distant grouse and the woodpeckers and watched a beaver take down a large tree for his dam that we later saw at the river emptying at the bottom of the lake.

    Last night I took my bike and stashed a cooler for a picnic at the other end of the lake and today I sprung the surprise.  After sandwiches and wine the walk around the second half of the lake was very slow and peaceful.  When we reached the bench outside our little cottage we rested watching the fish jump.  I got a great picture there of an eagle swooping in to pull a fish right out of the water; it was perfectly timed, a great action shot. 

    As the evening grew darker, and colder--my wife is always too cold--we moved inside for a fresh salmon dinner and a movie.  Altogether I would classify today as the perfect day.  I am looking forward to tomorrow; I think we will head for the pass a couple miles away and see what the view is like from the top.
© Copyright 2007 Kenneth Reuel (antonkp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261518-Window-3