*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281271-The-Touch
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1281271
The inner thoughts of someone deeply longing to be with the one who fuels their fire.
Every day you walk out the door and all I am left with is the linger of your aroma. That scent, the one that leaves me parched until the next time we cross paths and it finds its way back to quench my thirst. It causes a hunger, equivalent to that of starvation, for the slightest touch of you. An innocent touch turned warm and tingly that reaches the depths of my soul. The brush of your skin against mine arouses a spark of desire. It’s a perpetual desire that steadily drives me insane. Like an addict anticipating the intoxicating invasion of my veins, I yearn for that touch and to see you again.

Since your departure it seems as if time has found a way to stand still. Momentarily causing what it is that I want so badly to become unattainable to me. I am left with the notion that you are the forbidden fruit that I am not to consume. Physically I am unable to indulge in the pleasures of your presence, but mentally thoughts of you race through my mind like the adrenaline rush I receive each time you enter a room.

The struggle to maintain some level of normalcy without you near is endless. I find myself searching the air to see if I can find the slightest hint of you remaining. The tiniest particle to carry me through the day without you in my presence. Unbalanced is my thought process for it is saturated with thoughts of us together. Helpless, I submit to the reign of your smile and the echoes of your laughter singing in my ears. Hearing your voice on the phone is not enough, for it only makes me weaker. The visions, the echoes, the voice on the phone, they are all merely teasers before the actual climax that follows.

That climax being your very touch. One filled with so much love and compassion that without it I am left feeling cold and empty. The only comfort I have inside is knowing that soon we will be reunited with one another. Then and only then will the fantasy of your touch be made a reality. Knots begin forming in my stomach as each minute is filled with anxiety knowing that our time is growing near. My heart beats faster and harder as each tick of the clock becomes slower and louder.

The time has arrived when our eyes meet again and I hear your voice say my name. This is when I feel myself begin to melt like putty in your hands. Pulsating are my veins caused by your intoxicating scent now rushing through them. My hunger is eased by your presence, which feeds my desire to be with you. Longing passion has been fulfilled with just the view of you near. The final requirement needed to reach my ecstasy is found solely within your touch.
© Copyright 2007 Kattway92 (kattway92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281271-The-Touch