*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1312803-Fairy-Jinxed
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1312803
Young girl figures out shes magic.
Melly woke up early on Wednesday morning. Since she had been home schooled since third grade, she didn't have to get ready for school. Melly sighed and kicked off the blankets. She walked down the hallway to the kitchen, ready to make breakfast when she heard a slight knock on the door. She walked over in her pajamas and opened the door, not caring who it was.
“Hi!” Said an elderly voice. Melly looked up and blinked. Standing there was her new next door neighbors. The women had fading red hair with gray streaks here and there. Standing next to her was a boy about Melly's age, maybe a year older. He didn't look very friendly. “Hi.” Melly said slowly. “Can I help you?” She asked. “Oh, we were just saying hello to our neighbors, right Jackson?”
The older women asked. Jackson just looked down, his arms crossed. “Um, okay. I'll get my grandmother, why don't you just step in and sit at the table?” Melly asked. “Thank you, dear.” The older women replied. Melly opened the door wider and let the two step in. She held up a finger and ran down the hall. Once she got to the very last door of the hall, she knocked on the door.
“Granny? Gran, our new neighbors are here.” Melly said through the wooden door. The door suddenly opened and Melly nearly fell over. “Oh,” Melly's grandmother started, “well lets go entertain them, hm?” she said. Melly smiled and nodded. She knew what her granny would do. They walked down the hall in silence. Finally they got back to the dining room, where Melly went into the kitchen to make them all a meal, and granny sat down and started chatting.
“Mellina! Make sure to make strong coffee.” Granny yelled. Melly sighed. Mellina was her full name, but everyone called her Melly. Everyone but her grandmother. She grabbed the tray full of breakfast stuff and walked into the dining room. Her granny and the older women were getting along fine, while Jackson was sitting as far away as possible.
Melly rolled her eyes and plastered on a fake smile. She set the tray down and sat in the chair across the table from everyone. When Melly finished her eggs she rinsed her plate and ran down the hall. I'm gonna be late for my kendo tryouts! She thought as she opened the door to her room. She went over to the small desk on the far side of the room and picked up the brush. She started brushing it through her long, brown hair, streaked with natural blond strands. When she was done with that she put on her glasses. They were golden rimmed, kind of hippy styled glasses, and they framed her big blue eyes, that were speckled with gold. Melly grabbed her kendo outfit and through it on.
Then she grabbed her sword, slipped into the shoes, and ran back down the hall. “Mellina, dear, why are you dressed like that?” Her Granny asked. “Gran! I have my kendo tryouts today!” Melly said. She glanced around. Her new neighbors were still there, staring at her. “Oh, right right! Why don't Lee and Jackson come to the tryouts.” Gran suggested. “Whatever gets us there faster.” Melly said. They all hustled in the old van and set off toward the building. In the front seat Lee and Gran were chatting up a storm, while Jackson and Melly were silent. Melly was trying to go through all the forms in her head and Jackson was just plain silent.
They arrived at the building, and Melly jumped out and went into the door that said “Backstage.” The three others went through the double doors to the left. Melly walked in silently and started practicing, ignoring everyone else. Melly was third to last, so when it was finally her turn, she had had enough time to control her nerves. She breathed and walked out on the stage. First she demonstrated the different forms, the she fought with another person. When she was done, the crowd broke out into an applause. Melly bowed to the person, bowed to the audience and walked off the stage. She sighed when she got backstage and went into the bathroom to change back into shorts and a faded jade shirt.
When she walked out into the parking lot, everyone was already in the car. Melly opened the back door and slid in. Granny and Lee congratulated her, but she wasn't listening. She was staring at the blue light in front of her face. “Warrior! Warrior Princess! Finally I've found you.” Said a tiny voice. Melly froze. The blue light flickered out and floating there was a little person. Except she has wings, Melly thought. “Yes I do have wings. I'm a fairy! Don't you know?” the blue thing asked. Then she looked at Jackson. Melly looked over there too, only to see he was staring straight at the fairy. Melly's jaw dropped. “You have to be kidding.” Melly whispered. She looked in the rear view mirror and saw Lee was staring at it too. It seems Granny is the only one that can't see it. Melly thought. The little blue women looked up at Melly again. Thats when Melly blacked out.


Warrior Princess?!
Melly heard voices. She couldn't make out what they were saying. Both were women. She opened one eye, then blinked so things would come into focus. “Mellina! Oh, sweety. Don't scare us like that!” Granny said. Scare? Right. Melly thought as she sat up. “What happened?” Melly asked. “You fainted.” Jackson said. Melly practically jumped at the sound of his voice. “Gee, talk much?” Melly asked sarcastically. Jackson crossed his arms and looked down again. Melly grinned.
© Copyright 2007 Fairy_Jinxed (fairy_jinxed at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1312803-Fairy-Jinxed