*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325070-Unfriendly-Neighbors
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1325070
An assignment for a creative writing class. We had to retell a fairy tale.
"Mmmmmmm,delicious." said Waldo as he woofed down the rest of his berry
salad. Wolves didn't get any stranger than Waldo. Being a vegetarian, gullable and very friendly, he was the laughing stock of all the wolves in the forest. Waldo scurried out of his den on his way to meet his new neighbors. After hearing three little pigs had moved into the meadow nearby, Waldo couldn't wait to introduce himself . Emerging out of the forest, he spied a straw hut."That must be my new neighbor!" he exclaimed. When Waldo reached the hut, he marched up to the door, and just as he began to knock, the smell of straw in the air tickled his nose.
"Aaaachoo!" Waldo sneezed. When he opened his eyes the straw hut had vanished. All that remained was a little pig who had turned about five shades darker than his original color. Just as Waldo was about to apologize for ruining the pig's house, he noticed the pig was holding something. A very big something. Then Waldo realized what this device was. He had heard it's dreadful sound many
times while trying to introduce himself to the farmer's chickens. The pig held a gun! Waldo let out a yelp and began high-tailing it in the opposite direction.
             "Yea, you better run you filthy..." the sound of gunfire drowned out the last of the pig's sentence. The pig chased after the wolf. Waldo ran with all his might until he saw what he thought to be his salvation. A little stick house about twenty yards away. As soon as Waldo reached the house, he began banging on the door screaming, "Help me, help me!". With no warning, there was no longer a door to bang on. The stick house collapsed. In the middle of the heap stood another pig, looking angrier than the first. Although this pig did not hold a gun, he held something shiny and sharp. Waldo recognized it too. The deadly device sliced things up into itty bitty pieces until nothing remained. The pig lunged toward Waldo as he let out a mixture of a grunt and a snort, meant to be a war cry. Letting out another yelp, Waldo sprinted off with two angry pigs on his tail. Waldo spotted a sturdy brick house just ahead. Waldo began pounding on the door shrieking, "Help me, help me!".
         "Come in through the chimney" cooed a voice from inside.
Without any thought of how stupid this request sounded, Waldo scrambled up the
roof and hopped into the chimney. "Kersplash!" Waldo landed in a pot of boiling hot water. Letting out a painful howl, Waldo sprang out of the pot. Yelping with pain, he raced into the forest with three angry pig's hot on his heels. Desperately, Waldo ran back to his den to nurse his second degree burns. Waldo wasn't quite as outgoing from then on. He always wondered why the three little pigs were such unfriendly neighbors.
© Copyright 2007 kuntry gal (kuntrykaylee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325070-Unfriendly-Neighbors