*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329038-just-like-daddy
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1329038
This is a short story with a little drama and realistic situations in a young girls life
"I do not know why i'm just sitting here in this lonely empty room, all alone as if someone will just bust through the door and wisk me off to a dream land." The young girl rises up off of her bed to a standing position and walks to her bedroom window while watching lights flashing as if someone is trying to get her attention. Before she reaches the curtains to open them up her bedroom door swings wide open and it make's her jump in fear and she yells out "ohh my" and she pauses for a moment to see her mother standing before her and she sit's back down on her bed and asks "why didn't u knock before u came in" and her mother replys. "Look here u do not own anything in this house at all so u don't question a thing that i do in my house and if u don't like it u can leave". The young girl shakes her head no and he mother walks away slamming the door behind her. So the girl locks her door and thinks to herself that she cannot take anymore of this house from hell and begins to pack a bag of clothing and a few of her other belongings. She wonders where she's going to go and picks up her cell phone she had hidden under her bed then she dials a number and a young man answers. "hello who is this" and she begin's to speak "it's your sister" and the voice of the young man sound concerned and asks "are u okay" and she tells him she's not okay and that things at home have went from bad to worst. Her mom's new husband is turning her against her and now her and her mom have physical fights and she's ready to leave. Her brother tells her to try and make it to the bus station and her will buy her a ticket online and pick her up when she gets there so she tells him she'll be there soon. After he's off the phone she hears knocking at her door again and she hides her packed bag and cell phone then quickly opens the door to see her step father and he walks in and shuts the door and locks it behind him and asks her where does she think she's going. She stares at him in anger and then say's "I'm getting ready to go to bed, what did I do now?" and then he replys "i heard your little conversation, i had my ear to your door and I want your phone now" She tells him that she doesn't know what he's talking about and he grabs her by her shirt with force and throws her to the floor and flips back her bed sheets and then looks under her mattress and grabs her phone and then tells her she'll never call no one even again and breaks the phone on her floor and her mother is in the other room and comes in and thinks the young girl broke something of hers seeing the mess on the floor and just starts going after her trying to fight her as her step-father from hell just make's nasty comments to make her mother even more outraged. The girl some how makes her way back into her room and locks the door behind herself in tears. She grabs her packed bag while she hears her evil parents trying to break into her room. She then opens up her window curtain to see an old friend of her real father parked on the corner of the street looking as if he's about to drive off and she just happens to open up her window in time to get his attention. "Wait please i need your help" she cry out in tears and climbs out her window after pushing her bag out first. She just runs and hops into the mans car in tears and he's in shock wondering what is going on. While they ride off her evil parents finally bust into her room to see she escaped and then they start to argue with one another. While the young woman is in the car with her real fathers old friend she tells him to take her to the bus station. Then he say's "what's going on?" and she shows him bruises on her body and he just gets quiet for a moment feeling sorry for her and then says "I'm sorry this has happened to you if your father was still alive you wouln't even be in a situaton like this." he pauses for a moment to clear his mind and then asks "where are u going from here" and she tells him "my brother is sending for me" and he asks if she needs anything and she just replys " I just need to get away from here" and the man give's her some money and then tells her to call her brother on his cell phone to let him know she's on her way. Soon they arrive at the bus station just in time for her to get her ticket and she hugs the man before saying goodbye and thanks him and he wishes her well. She gets on the bus and stares out the window as she rides away with tears streaming down her face because she is afraid of life and what it has in store for her in the future, Also she's afraid for her mother who she loves dearly but knows her mother has never been the same since her father died and left her to raise her and her brother alone. Since her new husband has been around he got her mother to disown her son because he knew the truth about the man and his evil ways and he had to get rid of him or else he'd tell her everything. Now he's succeeded in getting rid of the young girl and it's sad that the family had to be seperated like it was. But the young girl isn't far away from becoming a woman it's just the beginning of a new life one she's feared but will get use to and appreciate in time. The young woman falls asleep while on her trip, and wakes up hours later when she arrives to her destination to find her brother waiting for her. She greets him with a hug when she gets off the bus and noticed his appearance is different from the last time she seen him which was a few years before that time. She notices he's a man now the way he looks and carries himself like a real man she looks at him and smiles saying "you remind me so much of daddy".
© Copyright 2007 claire-love (cyntam23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329038-just-like-daddy