*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339706-Scene-Description-Exercise-2
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1339706
Another exercise in scene description: please leave comments.
How anyone survived here, she couldn't imagine.
    Gleaming silver and grey buildings shot up from the ground and seemed to grow more enormous with each passing second. They were dotted with yellowish lights flashing on and off erratically. Doors everywhere unceasingly swung open and shut and spun around. Dirt and sludge caked itself in corners and nooks. Everywhere she turned, people spoke quickly and angrily into their cellular phones and children were pulled along by frazzled and frantic parents. Cars sped by her left and right creating blurs of red, blue, and silver -- the occasional taxi cab blinded her with a momentary yellow flash. Streetlights flashed red and green and horns blared at other cars. The putrid smell of smoke and gasoline polluted her senses. She could not take it.
© Copyright 2007 Kecrire Maintenant (kecrire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339706-Scene-Description-Exercise-2