*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1340352-One-Day-to-Remember
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Death · #1340352
This is a poem I wrote for my grandfather.
One Day to Remember.



The day was four years ago, oh that terrible day.

My Papa was lying on his death bed as he told my mother, “Take the children to their uncle’s”.

I was so worried; if in the morning would my Papa be with me.

Fearful that all the time we had together was over.

I sat at my uncle’s home waiting for morning, fearful of the pain in my heart.

Looking at the red moon, terrified of it’s meaning.

The night was so long it seemed like forever, there were so many tears, with so many painful thoughts.

Then the morning finally came.

As I sat in the car I began to wish the day never came.

The ride was so long and quiet, question’s filled my head like, ‘why was my mother so quiet, I was so afraid of the answer.’

The car finally came to a stop.

I ran to his room, pain filled my eyes as I saw it was empty.

My brother and me ran to my mother.

He had the strength to ask “Where is Papa?”

Tears filled her eyes, as she said “He is in a better place now”.

I ran to my room tears falling from my eyes, I felt like the world had ended, the one person, who always understood and loved me, was now gone forever.

I didn’t leave my room for the rest of the day, wishing the day never came, praying it was a lie, that he was still here.

The next day came, more tears and more pain came with it.

As I looked at him in his casket, the memories came back, I try not to cried as I looked upon his cold and pale face of a man that was so warm and kind.

The day I wish was never to come, came so fast with so much pain, I felt like the ground under my feet, was gone.

That is the day to remember, the day that the person who was always there was gone, and to never again be found.

That is the day my mind will never forget, the day the wall’s of the world fell, and I was alone in the world without the one who believed in me, and always said that I could do anything if I just believed, now I can’t believe.

That is the day I lost hope, and now I sit day by day with this pain that never leaves my mind.
© Copyright 2007 Bleeding Dawn (twilightdawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1340352-One-Day-to-Remember