*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/134526-Building-myself-into-a-seaworthy-ship
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Inspirational · #134526
As I go it alone, I can finally see the horizon. Will she be there?
I was doing so well with my life. My world was small and just bearably enough to be considered round. Now that you have come and gone, it's become stale and unbearably profound.

I was once strong and could tackle my world, but I must really be weak because I can't stop the tears from flowing inside as I think of you between every breath.

Just a moment while I climb the highest mountain to see as far as the eye can see. I can see my new world just over the horizon and that is where I want to be. If that is you standing there, please be patient while I search for the resources needed to build my ship as strong as it can be.

Damn, I'm on an island and the world is not flat. I now see that my ship building resources are scarce for an island this small. I will have to wait a few cycles for the new trees to grow taller. I must nurture them with tender loving care. I must dig the well deeper to reach that fresh water we so desperately require. They need to be big and strong in order to build my ship upon. I know the sea can be ever so fierce and to set sail on a ship built of twigs will surly crumble from the first wave that comes ashore.

So pardon me now as I climb off my mountain, I must toil and sweat to clear my garden of all those jagged rocks, to make room to plant a new me.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"Invalid Item
© Copyright 2001 Big Bear (bigbear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/134526-Building-myself-into-a-seaworthy-ship