*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1350963-HOME-FROM-HOME
by jacko
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1350963
A thought provoking insight to the effect of moving home
OOHHHhhhhh!  Molly groaned as she woke up, as she slowly heaved her slightly overweight body over the side of the bed she said to herself,
" I must lose some of this weight, I know the doc
has told me if I don't I could end up with arthitis or
diabetes or some such but it is so uncomfortable,
but what else is there for me to do apart from eat
and sleep?.

Well I wonder what the day has in store for me today, she thought. I'll probably have a chat to the neighbours, they are a good lot and all in the same boat as me.

There's Griffith, next door, he's a nice little fellow, not very tall but a friendly gent, thinks he has royal blood in him, the only thing is he is always moaning about how he misses the Welsh mountains.

Then there's Patrick next door up, he's Irish, big tall chap always has a sense of humour and always greets you with "Top of the mornin me little colleen", althought I keep telling him my name is Molly.

Then there's Hans, now he is German, he is very nice big sturdy fellow but noisey, he used to be in the police force so I suppose he is used to having to shout a lot.

Then we have Ella, she is a little madam, she is French and always calls me  "Mon Pettit" even though I have told her my name is Molly. She spends a lot of her time crying and we all try to cheer her up with  sing song or the likes.

The there is Mac, now he is Scots and always seems to be on a short fuse, a bit grumpy but his hearts in the right place, he always greets me by calling me "Hen" and yes I have told him that my name is Molly.

It's sad to think you know, you look after your family, you protect them and give them all of your love then one day yer bags are packed yer in the car and brought to a place like this without so much as a thanks.

Still I have a lovely girl comes in called Brenda she cleans for me and brings in food and the likes as I can't  get out these days.  Sometimes she brings her grandchildren in to see me when they are visiting her, to cheer me up.

I don't know if the family will visit, they did'nt say and they are always too busy  Molly thought as she looked wistfully out of her window, I think I'll have a little nap first before I have a chat with the others. Molly snuggled down.

Just as she did so she heard a car pull up outside followed by muffled voices, all of a sudden the door was flung open and in ran Kathleen who swept her up in her arms and hugged her telling Molly how much she had missed her.

That was it, before she knew it all her possessions were hurriedly packed up, her blanket her plastic bone that, she had never touched and Kathleen's old cardigan, left by Kathleen so she would'nt fret, which had been ripped to shreds in a fit of peak within minutes of Molly arriving,

Molly was being carried to the door, she just had enough time to shout her goodbyes to all her neighbours,  "Bye all, see you next summer holidays, I think they are off to Turkey in July, see you theeennnnn".

As Molly looked out of the back window of the car  she saw the sign swinging in the breeze HOME FROM HOME , BOARDING KENNELS and her friends,
Griffith the Welsh Corgi,  Patrick the Irish Wolf Hound, Hans the German Shepherd, Ella the French Poodle and Mac the Highland Terrier not to mention Brenda all waving goodbye.
© Copyright 2007 jacko (bennybubbles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1350963-HOME-FROM-HOME