*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1358582-Sounds-Around
by Briana
Rated: E · Poetry · Environment · #1358582
I made this when I was sitting outside my grandmother's house on Thanksgiving
As I sit on the cold cemete stairs I look at the place around me. It's a cold bleak day and makes the outside around me look unfriendly, but if you look closely you would see that it is rustic looking, and has a friendly touch of life. I close my eyes against the wind until it stops, but keep them closed and listen. As the wind blows again you can hear the leaves russle and the wind chimes dance and sing. I open my eyes slightly and notice that it is deserted right now. Everyone is gone, everyone but me. I slowly close my eyes again and open my mind to the world around me. I can now hear the birds chirp and the wind howl again this time almost calling my name. With my eyes still closed I hear the trees russle above me. I open my eyes and look toward the clouded sky, the trees above me sway to the rytheme of the wind. I slowly vert my eyes down the trunk and lay my gaze on the other trees. The trees look old and run down, but you know they will come to life again soon. I close my eyes again and take a slow deep breath. Then suddenly in the distance you hear a cluster of bired all seeming to fight with each other. A single crow flys over head watching for dinner.
© Copyright 2007 Briana (kithelyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1358582-Sounds-Around