*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359367-An-ultimatum
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Other · #1359367
Wrote this on the train to that damn boy.
Its a sort of complicated arrangement. If it could all just be done away with... But still. it is of too much importance. Too much! And there lies the problem: in extremes. Its too much or too little; too swift or too slow. Too scary. Such a low pain threshhold!

Be brave or die alone.

Thus, from the greatest bravery comes the greatest comfort. Is it so hard to fathom? No, it is fathomable, its just not worth the risk. Better never to love than to love and lose... Isn't that how it goes? The discomfort of being at the bottom is mild compared to the discomfort of the fall there from a higher place, and so you avoid potential because the dull hum of ignorance is preferable to the screeching unbearable pain of failure.

This is the complexity: do you melt into the liquid warmth of safety, or do you stride heart first into a dangerous realm, yet to be discovered?

Be a pioneer! Don your explorer's gait and endeavor to explore without a map.
© Copyright 2007 Jessica (jessicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359367-An-ultimatum