*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360003-Theres-always-a-chance
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1360003
I think the best stories always have some truth. Tell me what you think.
Are you afraid? Well you should be. Life can be scary. This is how my story goes.
   
  You wake up one day and realize that all your dreams are just that, dreams. You gave up a long time ago trying to make things better. You have resigned yourself to the inevitable truth. Life doesn't get much better then this.

    You wake up day after day trying to remember when you last felt happy. you close you eyes and try to find just one quality left that swept you off your feet. When you are unable, you open your eyes a face another day. A day like every other. A day of insults, a day of threats, a day of wondering if TODAY would be the day it would be over. You have hoped for so long that it would change, but that died along with your spirit. Now the only hope you have left is chance.

  What makes the days go by is CHANCE! In my opinion that may truly be the greatest gift of god. Like he knew that sometime there would be someone with no hope left and the only thing keeping them from a complete loss, is that there is a chance out there.

  Everyday the out come is different. you go about your routine, silently playing over the little details. There's a knock at the door. You open it to find two police officers with sad faces holding their hats. You try to keep the look of anticipation off you face as you wait for the news. News they think is about to ruin your life, and news you think is about to give you back your life. Only, at this point you stop your daydream. You stop your dream as if by completing your morbid thought it would somehow make you like him.

    As much as you resent, and hate this man, you stop and think to yourself no! I will not do it. Then you get a long ago forgotten feeling of something inside. Like when the the sun comes out on a rainy day at the beach. It makes you almost warm.

  You woke up thinking all you had left was chance and now you realize that you have YOU. All the words are just that, words. All the lies, the mistrust,the abuse, the anger, the hurt that you thought stole away your soul! In fact made you stronger. You somehow found the strength to stay above those which tried to take you down.

  So, tomorrow when you wake up and daydream about chance, be sure not to forget the part where you find you.
© Copyright 2007 Ronnie Von (laj125 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360003-Theres-always-a-chance