*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1366784-Minutes-of-Moments
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1366784
Sequel of the "M" series... plus one mystery guy??!!!
"ARDEN! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT?!" Devon screeched when Arden came to her dorm.

"What?!" She yelled back, utterly confused.

"YOU DUMPED BRETT! WHY?!"

Arden walked past Devon and sat on her bed. She twiddled with her fingers a moment then spoke. "I was tired of Brett and Steven fighting, and I was angry he didn't believe me...And I don't want him to get hurt anymore." Arden confessed.

Devon looked at her, Arden had tears rolling down her face. "How would Brett be getting hurt anymore than what you just did?"

Arden hung her head. "I thought this would solve our problems...There is just so much drama."

"But...but...damnit! You hurt him anyway!" Devon yelped.

Arden sobbed. "But-I...WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH?!" She yelled in her face.

"Because I just do." She said sternly. "And why don't you?"

"SHUT UP!" Arden screamed and slapped Devon on the cheek, her head snapped the opposite direction.

Devon just let her head stay in the same position and through her peripheral vesion she saw Arden dash out the door, slamming it shut.

~~~

Arden was running down the hall, her eyes filled with tears, and her hair covering her face. She was running so fast, she ran into a blonde headed short girl. "Oh I'm s-sorry." Arden studdered, wipping tears from her face.

The girl dropped her books when she ran into her. She sighed and said, "Oh that's ok. It's not like you did it on purpose. Hi I'm Mae." She put out her hand.

"I'm Arden." She said shaking her hand. Then wipping a few last salty tears from her face.

"Are you ok?" Mae asked, deeply concerned.

"I'm fine." Arden said. "Stressful week."

Mae was thinking to herself few a few seconds, then realized, "OH! Your the girl who got punched in that fight! I'm sorry."

"Yeah...That's me." Arden smiled.

"Who were those guys anyway?"

"My ex and my-" Arden stopped, she almost said boyfriend, "My other ex."

"A rivarly for who is your man?" Mae laughed softly.

"Yeah kinda." Arden laughed a little. Then a red haired boy came running up the hallway. He slowed down and then came up behind Mae and hugged her waist.

"Hey sweetie," Mae whispered.

"Hey."

Mae looked from the boy to Arden then explained, "Arden this is my boyfriend Cris, Cris this is Arden."

Cris looked at Arden, "Oh yeah, I think we have biology together."

"Yeah I think so." Arden said, remembering her classroom. Cris sat on the other side with two other boys. One was african and short with glasses and the other one was tall with curly hair. She didn't know their names.

The three had some small talk, until another boy turned the corner and was headed down the hall. Arden saw him and almost gasped. He was HOT. He had jet black hair and green piercing eyes. His lips were a soft pink. He was wearing a preppy punk green shirt and jeans. The boy came up to Cris.

"Hey what's up?"

"Nothing much. Just hangin' out." He replied.

"Wait, Cris weren't we going to go see that new movie?" Mae asked innocently.

"Oh yeah, we should head off soon." Cris said.

Arden spoke, "Well I don't want to be a third wheel, so Mae see you around sometime." She was just about to turn around when Mae said something.

"Arden why don't you and Zack come with us?" She questioned.

For a moment Arden was puzzled, then she realized the gorgeous guy standing right beside Cris was named Zack.

"Umm.Ok, I have nothing better to do." She replied.

"Yeah sounds fun." Zack said, sending a smile right to Arden.

~~~

Devon sat on the floor, tears streaming down her face in a waterfall flow. "Well she's a whore anyway!" She blubbered out. Right on que, Tristen knocked on the door, then barged it.

"What happened?!" He flipped, running to her and hugging her.

"Ar-ar-arden's a bitch!" She cried on his shoulder. He rubbed her back, for comfort.

"It's ok. Everything is fine." He whispered in her ear. She began to protest, but he shushed her. "Let's get you cleaned up then go see a movie like we planned." Tristen helped her stand up and let her lean on him as they walked to the bathroom. He got a washcloth and put hot water on it. He rubbed her face, her tears finally ceasing.

She gulped. "Ok. Let's go." She was still depressed, but she knew a movie date with Tristen could cheer her up.

~~~

Cris, Mae, Arden and Zack decided to walk there, a quicker inexpensive way. Mae and Cris just held hands and whispered to each other. Arden, on the other hand, was flirting with Zack the whole time. He was flirting back too.

When they got there, they easily bought tickets and headed straight into the theatre. The two girls sat in the middle, with their man on the other side of them. Arden put her hand on the arm rest, then after a few mintues into the movie, Zack "accidentally" put his hand on the arm rest. They both glanced up and Arden giggled while Zack just smiled and blushed. He did that again later into the movie, but this time Arden held onto his hand.

~~~

Tristen and Devon sat in their seats, they put up the arm rest so Devon could lay on Tristen. They got there a little early, so they talked a bit. Devon was happier by this point, until she saw a group of four people her age walk up the steps past her. Two boys and two girls. She recognized only one of the girls. Arden. She gasped, "What the fuck..." She whispered, temped to run up to her and just bitch slap her for already being on a date.

"What?" Tristen the oblivious asked.

"Arden is here with another boy and another couple! Oh my fuck...."

"I thought she was marrying Brett?" He asked, as stupid as ever.

Devon sighed, and told of the story, the whole fight and everything. Tristen stood up and Devon had to pull him down. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"I'm going to go beat her up! She hurt you."

"You still don't beat her up." Devon reminded him. "Just sit and watch the movie." She smiled, and laid on his chest.

~~~

Arden and Zack stood outside her dorm.

"So I guess this is goodbye for now." Zack said slyly.

"I guess so." She smiled. He leaned over and gave her a peck on the cheek. "Hey, you missed."

"What?"

"You missed." And she put one hand on the back of his head, holding onto his silky black hair, pulled him in and kissed him on the lips.

~~~

As the movie progressed, Devon looked up to Tristen. She held him and began to kiss him, and he kissed back. She let go and laid back down on his chest. "Thank you." She whispered.

---

Tristen and Devon walked back to her dorm, holding hands. They turned to corner and saw a couple liplocking outside a dormroom. It took Devon a second or two to notice that the girl was Arden. Then she recognized the boy as one of the boys she went with to the movies. Devon ran up and pushed the boy against the door, then turned around and looked at Arden.

"What do you think you are DOING?!" Devon yelled.

"I'm single Devon, and who I am dating is none of your business." Arden replied. She turned to Zack and said, "I'll call you later." He smiled and left quickly wanting to avoid the random angry chick from beating him up.

"I think it IS my business Arden! You can't just rush into another relationship like that!!"

Arden grabbed Devon by the shoulders. "Dev, I don't want to start another fight, and I really don't want the entire school to know about it."

"Fine, let's go into your dorm. Bye Tristen." She leaned and gave him a quick kiss, then he left, disappointed.

Arden lead Devon into her room. They sat on the couch, both feeling awkward about the moment, but eventually Devon spoke. "How could you betray Brett like that?"

"I'm not betraying him. How could you say that?!" Arden looked insulted.

"One day you are his finance, the next you are his ex and sucking the face off of a random fucking guy!" She pointed out.

"I don't deserve him..." Arden mumbled. "I wish I never slapped you. That was uncalled for."

Devon rubbed her cheek, "Damn right it was." She said sarcastically, then the two burst in laughter.

"And Arden," Devon added, "He loves you, I think you deserve him just as much as he deserves you." She smiled.

"But what about Zack?"

"That kid you were just making out with?" Devon asked.

"Yeah..."

"HE WAS HOT!" Devon about fell off the couch when she yelled that. Arden laughed extremely hard, so did Devon.

"Dev, I'm not ready to get married. I love Brett but I don't want to be in a serious relationship right now, everything is just too confusing."

"I understand." Devon nodded.

"Thank's Dev. But one last thing." Arden said.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"I really like Zack." She confessed.

"I can clearly see THAT!" Devon joked. "We can deal with that later. I'm tired, I'll come over tomorrow morning." She stood up and gave Arden a hug. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Dev."

~~~

Tristen walked down the hall, toward his dorm. As he walked, he saw his friend Kamron standing against the wall. Tristen walked up to him, "What are you doing here?"

Kamron laughed. "Long story short, I was dared to hang outside this girls dorm all night. I'm freaking bored."

"I bet."

They talked a while, until a blonde girl strutted down the hall. Evette came up to Kamron and Tristen. "Hey boys." She said, trying to flirt.

"Hey...um Evette right?" Tristen said.

"Yeah. Tristen? Kamron?"

"Yeah." They boys said simultaneously.

"Well I'm to interrupt, but Tristen I needed to talk to you."

"No problem. Tris go ahead." Kamron nodded.

Tristen followed Evette into the next hall. She pushed him agaisnt the wall, pushing her lips against his own. From the corner of his eye, he saw a brunette rushing toward them. She pushed Evette and she fell to the floor. She then looked at Tristen, tears falling from her face. Then she slapped him hard across the cheek. Before he knew what happened, Devon ran off, crying as she went.

TO BE CONTINUED...
© Copyright 2007 ChArMeD. (charmed__magic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1366784-Minutes-of-Moments