*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1373829-love-on-the-roof
by dollar
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1373829
a love story, a story about two hearts, of a boy and a girl.......
.....Humming a song in her soft voice and hanging the washed clothes onto the wires. It was a sunny day and her friends came upon the roof to inform her about their new neighbours, a handsome, young person and his old mother.
"Sadhna! Where are you? Come downstairs! Quick!" her friends shouted as they came upstairs. " O Lord, he's so handsome! Your mom's expecting you to go and give them Ghari Prasad." they informed, excitedly.
"Ghari Prasad? why should I?. she inquired. But the girls won't listen and they pushed her downstairs. Sadhna was elegantly decorated by her friends and the Ghari Prasad was given to her. The furniture was being shifted in the new house and Sadhna was shocked to see the beautiful renovation. She was of unaware the young man and she passed by him quickly. When she stepped on their stairs, she rang the bell but nobody answered. She was about to return when the young man, Sameer, who was already stunned by her beauty, came up to her and invited her inside. Sadhna took his mother's Aashirwadh and went away.
Sameer could not forget her, and fortunately their roofs were too close for them to meet daily. The next day sadhna came up to the roof with her friends, but they didnot know that they were being watched by sameer. They were their for dance classes. Sameer was even more fascinated by her voice and the way her feet danced on the beats of the Tabla. Mishti, her best friend saw him and she called her friends around her, except Sadhna. They decided to run down and lock her up with Sameer, alone. They did as they planned, and Sameer came to her. Sadhna was frightened and she didn't even have her dupatta on.
"Don't come closer.Your love has certain borders and limits." she said. Sameer took hold of her hand and replied, "My love has a border of patience, and the border has been removed. Am I not worthy of your love?" Sameer was and the sky was suddenly covered with clouds. It rained heavily.
"God has proved my love." he said romantically. Then sadhna's mother came upstairs to call her down. "I need time to answer your question, please go or mother would see you." she exclaimed. Sameer went away and Sadhna too.
Sadhna could not sleep that night and in the morning she recognized that she was in love. She went upstairs and found Sameer ,already present there. "Your question has made my night sleepless. Yes I do love you!." she said.
the couple began to meet daily, on the roof.
But one day sadhna's parents called her and said, "My child, we think you are old enough to be married. Sadhna's happiness didnot last longer when her fianc'e-to-be was announced. " Gopal Majethia the leading, Jagirdar has sent a proposal for you. Girls are not asked in our family, therefore, my decision is final. Go and fetch the the best dress and get ready, they are coming."
Sadhna went up the roof and found Sameer there, as usual. She told him of the news and he suggested that they should run away that night. "I am no more yours. This bangle is Shagun and I cannot be of anyone else's now. Forget me forever. This is my marriage invitation. She kissed him for the last time and ran away.
Sadhna is now married, unreluctantly. Sameer has shifted to his own,
lonely, world with the promise of of not getting married in life. The two hearts met and departed on the roof, but still cannot beat without each other.......
© Copyright 2008 dollar (ash-7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1373829-love-on-the-roof