*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1374933-Two-for-Revenge
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1374933
Jim was set on a revenge when something unexpected occurred
The moon was shimmering blindly on the sky, watching the earth with its sleeping citizens. You could hear the sound of a crying wolf from a distance. It was hardly what one might call a warm and peaceful or even a joyous night. At least not for the McKinsky's family.

Jim was holding his jacket closer with the thought that it would make him feel a little bit warmer. The sound of the briskling leaves ryhmed together with the sound of his own in-depth cold breath. Jim knew that this might be his last chance, his last chance for a taste of the sweet revenge that he never thought he could ever have. It was alluring and yet frightening at the same time.

Bittersweet, he thought.

He had been hiding himself in the bushes not far from the McKinsky's mansion for quite some time now. He watched them from far, waiting patiently for them to fall asleep. He imagined himself as a skilled hunter, waiting for his prey. He had gone hunting before, he knew how to hunt, and he was a very good hunter indeed. Jim smiled faintly as he remembered that Alice, his fiancee always said that he had the eagle's eyes, the hunter's eyes. He laughed at her at first but now, he thinks she could be right.

He checked his shotgun again for a thousandth time, making sure it was loaded and all, then swiftly and quietly he walked across the front garden into McKinsky's back door which connected into the kitched. He opened the back door in the gentlest move he could ever possibly make. He knew the back door wasn't locked. Mrs.Mckinsky was a good housewife but a careless one. The whole house was in a dark phase, not a single light was lit on. But Jim took less care about it, he only had one thing in his mind. He left the kitchen and walked straight into the livingroom. There he saw it, a door to end all of this. Knowing that, he could feel his hands sweating, his adrenalines pumping in an unimaginable speed inside his body. Breathing seemed to be a hard thing to do for Jim, but he didn't take a step back.

He didn't want to.

He knew there was no turning back once he set foot in this house. The image of what awaited him behind the back door gave him a complex feeling, fright and anger at the same time. It was the same feelings which he had had 14 years ago.

Jim's minds flew back to a small farmhouse in a small town called Jericho 14 years ago on a Christmas Eve. He was 10years old, a fine good looking little boy. His father was a simple ordinary farmer with his own cornfields to worry about and his mother was just like any other housewives. They lived an ordinary happy life. But that Christmas Eve 14 years ago changed what supposed to be a merry night into a bloody night. The police described it as a bloody christmas eve and the case was left unsolved. Jim could still remember it perfectly. Three men came by their small farmhouse, killed his father, raped, and killed his mother, left him almost bleed to death, took everything that worth dollars in their house. He counted in his head, he already killed 2 men, Nate Hives and Tony Dermount. Samuel McKinsky would be his last kill.

He took a deep breath and opened the door with his gun pointed in the front. No one was there. A slow panic feeling quickly got him. He couldn't think. There were too many questions inside his head.

Was it a trap? Did he know? Where was he?

Without any warning, a bullet which had already been silenced went through Jim's back, twice. He fell down on his knees immediately. He could feel his consciousness slowly started failing him. Jim could hear someone approaching him from behind, kneeled behind his back and whispered something in a familiar voice,"I'm sorry it has to end this way Jim."

It took Jim not long to realize who shot him.

"Alice?" murmured Jim as he was losing his strength and fell to the cold ground on his prey's den.
© Copyright 2008 matheson (snyder90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1374933-Two-for-Revenge