*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1390680-To-Hell
by Nicole
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest · #1390680
A modern-day ripper finds himself a succubus. SBL contest submission
Dwayne ran his fingers along the knife, psyching himself up for the approach.  He hadn’t seen the brunette rise from the table, but it didn’t matter. The blonde was much more appealing. Her golden-white hair, the pink of her skin, the fuchsia of her halter top: it all cried ‘I am innocent. Taint me.’, and that was exactly what he planned to do.

“Good evening,” she said to him.

“Good evening,” he said, leaning against the bar counter. “Can I…buy you a drink?”

He smiled as his eyes met hers – they were wide, doe-like, and a brilliant blue. He could imagine, through the V-neck of her top, the incision he would make from sternum to collarbone. Replacing Jack the Ripper, they would make movies and trading cards pondering his motives. This would be number six – one-up on the old master.

She smiled back.

“I’m fine, but you can give me a way out of here,” the woman replied, tracing her index finger around the lip of her martini glass.

Dwayne’s eyes watched her finger, and he grinned wryly down at her. There was a heat rising up from the nape of his neck, and it could be attributed to more than just the alcohol.

“What a wonderful idea,” he replied. “My place is just around the corner.”



“Can I take your coat?” He offered, letting her in the door first.

She slid the leather jacket off her shoulders and handed it to him, looking around his place. He caught her arm as she pulled away, tossing her coat onto the rack and pulling her close to him. She laughed, and he kissed her, sliding the knife from his pocket with his free hand. Normally, he waited, but he needed time to enjoy this one, to make this…perfect. He slid the knife along her side, cutting the strap of her bra and tank-top with one swift jerk of the blade. Dwayne twisted his hand around her hair and yanked it back. She hissed as she leaned forward – a pleasant reptilian sound within his ear. His heart was pounding as he slid the knife down against her bare skin. He bit her neck as the blade bit her flesh, drawing a liquid line of red along her ribcage. He waited for her to scream, but her alternate reaction came quickly.

She broke his arm with supernatural speed, sending the knife spinning into the wall. Her smile was a grimace of fangs as he lay on the floor screaming. Her clothing unfolded from her body as she changed – soft, supple skin turned into scales and leather, the pink of her bodice darkened and unfolded into wings. The demon that now stood before him hissed again before she leapt on her stunned victim.

Her words to him did not need to be spoken -- they penetrated his skull in conjunction with her teeth.
“Come with me to Hell, Dwayne Rodgers, and meet the man you so admire.”

Words: 493
© Copyright 2008 Nicole (caesiusdraco at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1390680-To-Hell