*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1442230-I-Kneed-to-Be-More-Careful
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #1442230
Kneedless to say, I am prone to injury.
A Quick Kneecap

I developed a phobia of calculus my senior year in high school. I could of had early releases, but I opted for a standard release (of computer and college courses) to avoid my math fear.

My teachers did not have sympathy for my schedule, so I found myself spending quite a lot of time in the book room with nothing to do. My fellow students and I put together shogun armor out of old cardboard boxes. We showed off our work and found ourselves in trouble. Apparently, they believed a dozen bored high school seniors would cause no trouble.

To cure our boredom, they turned us into movers. We moved boxed up books to a storage area. At one point, I couldn't get a box onto a high stack. Without a ladder, I began to brainstorm about my problem.

See where this is going yet?

I used another box as a footstool to get my box up on the highest stack.

My lack of grace used this opportune time to strike. I fell off the box. If I had my voice, I would have once again turned a story into a GC rating.

The pain coming from my leg was immense. My left knee quickly swelled to the size of a grapefruit. A painful journey to the doctor revealed that I had chipped my kneecap. Great. My first broken bone and I don't get a cool cast for everyone to sign.

I had a hard time explaining my special knee brace to my fellow students. I didn't play any sports and I had never gotten into a fight. I believe this labels me as a Dork.


A "Knee"w Injury

I am a dog and cat person. I have no preference, I enjoy their company thoroughly. I must admit dogs are more fun to play with in general. Especially my mother's dog. Her dog is incredibly playful. Run, jump, tug, tag or wrestle it doesn't matter to him. One day, we began playing chase in a figure 8 pattern.

No, I do not learn from previous mistakes. Yes, this relates to the previous section.

We had the pattern going for a few minutes when he decided to throw me a curve ball, or to be more precise, a 360. I forgot to mention the height of the dog.

Knee high

I never had a chance to slow down. I was on the ground by the time I saw him turn around.

I had a sharp, agonizing pain in my knee for several days. I limped everywhere. I was beginning to think I had rechipped it. That's not the worst part.

After I hit the ground in agony, he was prancing around me as if he was the king of the world. He makes it so difficult at times to be a dog person.
© Copyright 2008 Viktor Serecros (snowplow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1442230-I-Kneed-to-Be-More-Careful