*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447012-Things-Happen-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Fanfiction · #1447012
a girl meets a guy at her new school.
Chapter 2

         On the opposite side of me was a boy about my age. His eyes were open a bit wide and his face was turning a light shade pink, either from the running or from the embarrassment. I scrambled away from him and quickly began apologizing.
         "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! I didn't see where I was going!"
         "I am so sorry, I should have seen where I was going!" he blurted out at the same time as I. I blushed again, wishing I could just disappear. He took out his hand so that he could help me back up to my feet.
         "I'm so sorry. I should have paid more attention where I was going." he said, while helping me up. I couldn't help to giggle as I said, "That's okay. It was my fault too." Once we were both standing up, I studied him. He was at least two inches taller than me and had long and messy brown hair. His dark brown eyes were looking right back at me curiously, making me blush some more. He had a cute little nose and some freckles sprinkled here and there along his face. He was, in fact, actually very cute, now that I thought of it. Instantly, I felt my cheeks grow warm again.
         "I haven't seen you around here. Are you new?" he asked. I blinked in surprise and swallowed. Why couldn't think of something to say?
         "Uh..." He waited for me to say something else. I cleared my throat and finally got out, "Ya. I uh, just moved from California during winter break." He nodded and smiled a bit
         "Cool. I'm Nat by the way." he said, shaking my hand.
         "Emma." I said, smiling back at him. He looked at me with a smile as he shook my hand. He was about to say something when all of a sudden another boy ran up to where we were standing. He stopped by us and I noticed the way he looked at me...with interest.
                   "Nat, Nat! There coming this way!" he said, turning back to Nat. Nat ignored him and continued looking at me. I blushed again and this time the boy pushed him.
                   "Dude! There coming this way! Run!" he said more annoyed, looking back. Nat blinked and looked down to see he was still holding my hand. He quickly let go and said blushing, "Sorry. I...uh got to go now. But um I'll see you around later, right?" His friend, meanwhile, was trying to make him get a move on. Nat began walking back with his friend
                   "Again, sorry about what happened!" called Nat. He and his friend then broke into a run and turned a corner. I just stood there like an idiot with a smile on my face. I hoped to see him again later, though I was kind of embarrassed because for one thing, I couldn't get out a single word. Why had I been so nervous and shy around him? I never had a problem talking to people. But today I just....blanked out. At that moment the bell rang, startling me. All around me, the hallways began filling up with students, who were greeting or saying bye to friends, talking, or walking to class. I took a look at my schedule to see what class I had first; Science. I walked down the hallway, looking for the classroom. At last, I found it. There were students outside the classroom, waiting for the teacher to show up. I stood behind a girl who had long, dark brown locks and was wearing a very awesome shirt-it was yellow and had a big panda in the front. She turned around and eyed me curiously.
                   "Are you new here?" she asked in a friendly tone. I gave her a small smile and nodded. Her face lit up.
                   "Really? Cool! So what's your name?" she asked, leaning against the wall.
                   "Emma, short for Emily. Yours?" I asked.
                   "Samantha, but, you can call me Sam." she giggled. I smiled. I was starting to like this girl. She seemed to be nice and very cool person.
                   "Nice. Okay so can I say I absolutely adore that shirt you're wearing?" I said, motioning to her shirt. She smiled and looked down at her shirt.
                   "You do? I just love pandas. Don't you think they're so cute?" she said. I nodded.
                   "They are like my favorite animal!" Her smile grew.
                   "Really?" she said. I nodded and said, "Yup."
                   "Wow! They're my favorite animal too!" she said happily. Suddenly the classroom door opened, and the teacher, Mrs. Murphy, prompted for us to line up. We formed a girls' line and a boys' line.
                   "You should like totally come and sit with me at lunch." said Sam, her warm brown eyes showing friendliness, as we lined up.
         "Sure." We went inside the classroom and luckily, there were no seating charts, which meant we could sit wherever. Sam and I went to the back and continued talking. I learned that she had a lot of things in common with me like, she had the same favorite color; purple, she liked the same type of music; rock, she was outgoing most of the times and sometimes she'd get a little shy, sort of like me, and also that she had recently just moved here herself, having only been here for two months, so she didn't really know anyone.
         We didn't do much in the class, except for whispering. The teacher was busy passing out books, going over rules in case people had forgotten them during winter break, and basically getting everyone settled in. So by the end of the period, Sam and I both knew almost everything about each other. I found out I had her in some other classes too, like Math, English, and Reading. It felt nice to know I had made a friend and that I wasn't alone. Before I knew it, the bell rang again, indicating that it was time for our next class. We got up and continued chatting as we made our way to the door.
                   "So what's your next class?" asked Sam. I took out my schedule and looked down to second period.
                   "History." I replied. We walked a bit and then Sam pointed out a classroom.
                   "That's the History class." The bell rang and Sam said, "Well, that's the bell, I better get to class. I'll see you later in Math, okay?" I nodded.
                   "Bye!" I said, waving. She waved back and took off to her next class. I took a deep breathe and walked towards the class room door. I slipped inside and saw the teacher at the desk. I walked up to her and told her my name and how I was new. She took a look at my schedule and was deciding where to put me.
                   "Hmm...Do you happen to wear glasses?" she asked me, scanning the room.
                   "No, I don't." The teacher finally seemed to have settled where to put me at.
         "Why don't you go sit next to Nat.? I have all my students who wear glasses sit in the front and the ones who don't in the back." I looked over to where she was pointing at and instantly felt the air rush out of me.

© Copyright 2008 nbblover (nbbluver at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447012-Things-Happen-Chapter-2