*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468048-UntitledUnfinished-Story
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1468048
A woman excited to see her husband receives devastating news.
CHAPTER: 1

Angela had been waiting for weeks for her husband to finally beable to come home. His job often took him away from home, sometimes for months at a time. She only had about thirty minutes to go and she would be in his arms again. She had wanted to pick him up, but he had insisted on getting a cab. It was just as well she supposed, afterall she wanted everything to be perfect when he walked through the door.

Dinner was almost done, and the house was almost spotless. She went to get dressed, and when she was done, she only had fifteen minutes to go. She had so much to tell him. She had learned a month earlier that she was pregnant, and had made the decision that since this was to be such a short trip, she would wait until they were face-to-face to give him the news.

With five minutes to go, dinner was done and she plated everything, lit the candles, and checked to see that she still looked okay. When the time was up, it was all she could do not to go running to the window. Five minutes passes, then ten. She was a ball of nerves.

Finally, she heard a knock at the door, and almost let out a squeal of delight. He must have gotten stuck in traffic, and had probably left his keys behind again.

She flew to the door all smiles, and opened it to two serious looking offices. He smile literally dropping from her face, the officer on the left began to speak. She barely heard him as he informed her that the cab her husband had been in had been involved in a bad accident only about two miles away, and was in critical condition at the hospital.

The officer barely had time to catch her as Angela fainted, still in disbelief.


CHAPTER: 2

When she came to, she was laid across the sofa with her sister next to her with a concerned look on her face. Hoping that everything was just a bad dream, she started to sit up, catching


© Copyright 2008 Margaret Brown (newwriter1234 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468048-UntitledUnfinished-Story