*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490735-No-Escape
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1490735
short story written for english homework...suppose to create suspense, have fun reading
I waited silently, not daring to move, not even to breathe. I crouched behind the door, curling myself into the smallest shape possible, hoping I would not be found. Outside the floor boards groaned in protest as the creature stalked ever closer towards me. I swallowed a huge lump in my throat, which was threatening to choke me. I waited, suddenly it happened. Some invisible force heaved open the door, in seconds I was on my feet and ready to run. But when I looked through the door neither person nor creature stood in the door way, only the dancing shadows of the trees outside. Carefully and slowly I shut and locked the door behind me, still shaken by what I had heard. It took me only a moment to convince myself that it was all in my head, returning to the book I was reading on the couch.

I had been reading for barely a minute when the lights started to flicker and out of the shadows echoed a shrill, almost child like chuckle. I rose to my feet and sprinted towards the door, only to find that no matter how hard I tried, it would not budge. The creature continued to laugh; taunting me and no matter how hard I tried I could not see it. Screaming I rattled and pulled on the door handle, only to freeze as I felt it’s warm breath on the back of my neck , that’s when it hissed…….

“There is no escape”
© Copyright 2008 Althena Darke (hatcrene.10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490735-No-Escape