*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501557-The-End-of-the-World
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1501557
short story that I wrote for english assignment-write a story using the 5 senses
They are trying to save this pitiful little planet. First you destroy it, and then you try to save it. It won’t work! For hundreds of years, you’ve filled the oceans with your pesticides, industrial garbage, and toxic wastes. You didn’t care who you were dumping it on. You killed the fish and destroyed everything that nature gave life to. You polluted the sky and killed the animals. You didn’t care that you were destroying nature’s creations with your toxic wastes. You created your own death trap!

You destroyed the ozone and killed the forests. The earth is no longer able to tolerate your wastes! Now fires have broken out. Violent earthquakes strike again and again. Climatic disruptions cause tidal waves which destroy everything in their path. The sky is black with smoke. Not even the sun’s ultraviolet rays can reach the earth. The only light is from automobiles and fires, mostly fires. It’s the end of the world, and I love it!

Cars crash into each other as frantic people try to flee. Pedestrians scream and run about, not knowing what to do. Lost children cry for their parents. The ground shakes and swallows up homes and buildings. Fire consumes everything, it’s utter chaos! Dogs howl with fear as screams of pain and death fly through the air. I love the pain and suffering!

The oceans that once provided life now provide only death. Nature has become man’s worst enemy. I love to watch as the people die! Nature is taking her revenge. The stench of burning flesh fills the air, and thick smoke makes it hard to breath.

What fools! Only now at the end of all life do you finally realize how weak you really are. Soon it will be all over. The chaos is wonderful! They fail time and time again, as they try to save this planet. As I walk across the rough and jagged ground, the warm ashes of burnt flesh surround me. Screams of pain are in the air. “Help!” is what they all scream. I only laugh and watch them suffer.

The stream that I now stand over is black as coal and thick as fresh concrete. It tastes like a boron solution, burning my tongue like fire! I cannot breathe. There is no air. The pain - I love the pain. It is truly over. It is the end of the world. We are all DOOMED!

© Copyright 2008 Sebastian Ontario (darindion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501557-The-End-of-the-World