*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506805-Animal-Farm-Overview
by Terri
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1506805
Animal Farm description.
What does it /mean/ to feel politically responsible? For what did Orwell feel responsible? What writing components did he use to convey his message in "Animal Farm" and why?
Why? Why? Why?
I can truthfully respond I can't imagine in the foggiest why a grown man would decide he was so ticked off at 'the system' that he needed to stoop down and conduct what (to me) was a fairly well written, but also incredibly boring incident within a child-like piece of literature.
The plot-line is simple, following exactly behind what we already know to have happened in history; there are no real alterations, the victims are just as clueless, and even those who don't know an ounce of their history can figure out exactly what's going to happen next while they're reading.
So why? What did he feel responsible for? What writing components did he use for exactly what purpose?
I suppose we'll just have to guess; because we can't exactly ask him, now can we?

To feel politically responsible is sort-of like when you think no one else on your little kid basketball team can play, so you go out and push them to work harder, and prod them to stop them from messing up, and erupt at them when they make you lose, and point fingers at them when everything goes wrong- only to find out that you're the worst one on the entire team.
Political responsibility is something only concocted in the minds of those who want it to be true, or think of themselves as more important than they really are.
Orwell obviously must have felt 'responsible' of forewarning the public of the dangers of communism, and he did it in a slightly creative way that opened a few new eyes... But anyone else could have done it as well.
The world wouldn't be different (in large) if he hadn't ever bothered to write it down, or if he'd died before he had the chance.
It may have taken a while, but there would have managed to be another "Animal Farm" at some point, and all that would happen would be that the new man would be the one awarded with the writing of it instead.

Orwell had a pretty obvious style/writing type, and the purpose of the book at large wasn't that hard to decipher. (Not that we could really ever conclude why he wrote the book, he could've just been greedy for money and jumped on this fresh bandwagon.) Allegory was the main component, meaning only that the story followed exactly along the lines of what had actually happened in Russia. Pathetic irony was thrust in to underline just how innocent all of these animals actually were.
And literary satire was added in just to swirl up the mix and give a satisfactory dose of incredulity against everything that happened back then (and people's opinions on it) into the entire thing.

So what does it /mean/ to feel politically responsible? For what did Orwell feel responsible? What writing components did he use to convey his message in "Animal Farm" and why?
Why? Why? Why?
We don't know. We won't know. And that's just fine for me- I prefer guessing either way.
© Copyright 2008 Terri (terri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506805-Animal-Farm-Overview