*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509144-Green-Pandas
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Supernatural · #1509144
Type FG = Mind Expansion
The Green Pandas exist all around us, only we can't see them. They exist in a world within our own. Another plane of existence that exists in the same space as our own. Things that happen in each world effect each other without the other world knowing why. Every coincidence, chance of luck, godly occurrence  and such were all caused unknowingly by the Green Pandas. Studies of these things led scientists to the discoveries of these other planes of existence. Mainly the one on ours. They soon discovered that some drugs that have hallucinogenic side effects actually show the user a small glimpse of this other dimension. Scientists then tried to create a super drug that would let the user experience both planes at once. Many died in the experiments of the creation of the super drug. Finally one experiment had some success only the scientists don't know it. Mark doesn't know it either. He has no idea whats going on. All he knows is the Green Pandas are in a very scary place.







Sometimes big green pandas dance just outside your field of vision and when every you turn to see them they run away but you know they are there. So you set up an ambush. You coat the floor in apple juice so it is sticky and you thrown down some bamboo and hide behind a large object peeking through a small hole at your trap. You wait for days. You don't dare close your eyes to sleep in case the pandas arrive while you sleep and escape the trap before you wake. You drink case after case of Monster and Cocaine and eat Zebra Cakes because those things are yummy like that. You sit with one eye through that hole the entire time, only blinking when your dry, red eyes scream and protest at your will to keep them open. Something occurs to you. If these pandas were so abundant before why haven't you seen one yet. At least a glimpse should of been spied by now. You also ponder the occurrence of the convenient stock of energy drinks and Little Debbie snacks that seemed to materialize at will. You did not plan this  stakeout that well. Your weary mind races at the possibilities. What if this entire time the pandas have been behind you. Keeping you awake until you finally give into sleep so they can eat the bamboo in peace right before your sleeping self. No. Why would they do that. Why wouldn't they just knock you out? Maybe thats what they want you to think and they are lounging behind you right now! You quickly turn around expecting to see the treacherous, green pandas all behind you laughing at you. You only see case after case of drinks and snacks. How can this be you were so sure they would be there. ....wait You hear a faint noise from the trap. You realize in your sleep deprived state you have been staring at the drinks and food for 6 hours. You turn to the trap. The bamboo is gone. There are green furry footprints in the apple juice and a piece of paper. You tiredly walk over to the trap and pick up the paper. It rips when you grab it as if it was attached to the floor somehow. You glance at the scrawled panda print on the paper still on the floor. It reads, "Apple juice or super duper glue? Who is trapped now???!? LOVE Pandas you'll never see..." Upon reading this you begin to think. After so many days not sleeping at all your reactions are quite slow. You think for hours just standing there staring at the note. Your stomach revolts angrily in hunger growling and twisting. You look to the boxes of snacks and start over to grab some Zebra Cakes because your good like that, only you can't move your legs. Your feet are stuck to the ground and even worse you are barefoot! Suddenly the note clicks in your mind. You've been trapped by the pandas. No one believed you before about the green pandas dancing about the corners of your vision but now... Now you have proof. Who else would of trapped you so effectively. Not a mere man. Only panda. Also you have the note written by the pandas themselves!!! Someone will believe you now. You'll show them all the pandas exist.



Outside the room Dr. Burgson peers through the small glass window into the patient's room. "Is he refusing the medication again?", he asks the nurse. "Yes", She replies. "He keeps yelling about dancing green pandas and he won't sleep or take his medications." "Wait", Dr.Burgson exclaims. "TypeFG is green. It must of caused some sort of delusional state in the patient's mind causing him to go insane with hallucinations. He can't tell what is real and what is not. ... Too bad. I had high hopes for this one. We'll have to start over fresh. Nurse, inform the lab of these new results for TypeFG and have them try again. We'll create the super drug yet."

"Yes Sir. What shall I do with the failed experiment?"

"Hes gone now. Dispose of him and find a replacement quick."

"Yes."



Nurse Redly watched Dr. Burgson walk away to his office. "I don't know why he feels so strongly about creating this "Super Drug", she mutters to herself. She looks at the label on the door. It states Experiment 23 in bold letters. She opens the door and slowly walks into the patient's room as to not frighten him. "Mark, I'm taking you to a new room", she shakily informed him. She doesn't like this part of the experiments. She knows the new room is The Incinerator, where all the failed experiments go. She peered into the dark room further. She sees Mark standing behind a pile of empty storage boxes. He is staring into her eyes smirking. "I told you I told you I told you", he murmurers. "Told me what dear?", Nurse Redly questioned. "They're real I have proof. The glue. The note! They signed it. THEY SIGNED IT. I HAVE PROOF!!!," he begins to scream. "See I'm stuck. They glued me here." Nurse Redly sighs and moves to drag Mark to his "new room". She grabs his shoulders and pulls. He leans towards her but his feet won't budge. "They glued me here", Mark says softly. "I set a trap for them but I was caught" Nurse Redly pulls harder and Mark still won't budge. She begins to panic. " I set a trap for them but I was caught. I set a trap for them but I was caught", Mark began to repeat quietly like a broken record turned down low. "You were caught?", Nurse Redly asks "or are you....bait." She panics further and tries to run out of the room. The door slams with a loud bang. She realizes her hands are stuck to Mark's shoulders. A faint no escapes her lips. "It works",Mark whispers."They're always here. They are always around. You can't see them, but I can. The drugs help me see them. They don't want anyone to know about them. They're smart. They knew if you found me here dead there would be further investigation towards TypeFG. They don't want that. They don't want that. Not at all. But if we both disappear the Doctor will fear for himself and abandon the project." Nurse Redly sees glowing eyes appear in the dark corners of the room."They will be left undiscovered by humans.". Mark continues. Nurse Redly listens intently trying to gather as much knowledge as possible and think of an escape, but she knows she won't. She knows because she sees them. The pandas. "You see them too? Don't you? Without TypeFG. You can see them." "Why?", she mutters. She suddenly realizes her hands are free from Mark. He glares at her almost as intently as the eyes in the dark do. "Because", he growls menacingly. "You are one of THEM" They all pounce upon her. Tearing at her. Clawing at her. Screaming at her. The screaming is the worst. The intense frequencies of it cause her ears to bleed. "Noooo", She cries throwing her arms in front of her face as if that will do any good. The pandas and Mark move in for the final blow to eliminate her. They encircle her, screaming and throw their claws deep into her stomach...



Suddenly the room is filled with a bright white light. I realize I am breathing heavily. My hair falls in my eyes and I go to brush it aside. I can't. My arms are bound by some strange clothing. I can't move them. The room is so white. So clean. A door opens from the wall in front of me. I didn't even notice it. A kind looking woman walks in, also in white with a silver tray. On the tray are 2 white, paper cups. "I see you are awake." she states in child like voice. "Awake?", I murmur. "Yes yes yes dear. Here are your medications and some water. Hurry and take them. I'm late on my runs." She removes my strange white shirt and my arms are free. I peer into the cups. One looks as if it is empty. I put my hand inside and felt something cold and strange. "Oh dear", the woman says looking at me. "You've forgotten again haven't you?' I stare at her not knowing what to do. "You are at this institution under great care." She explained. I still don't know what she means. "You had a terrible accident. You were in a coma for 13 years. When you awoke you had forgotten who you were along with some other things." I stared into the cup of "water", as she called it. It had circular rings on it now. I stared harder. "Your family sent you here to try and treat your unique condition with experimental drugs." I cringed at the words "experimental drugs"  I had heard them in the scary place. I go there often. I try not to but I always end up there. "So far it doesn't seem to be doing anything. We are working on a better alternative for you that might help more. In fact you are starting it today. Here, just put the pills in your mouth and drink the water." I looked into the other cup. Three deep green circular objects lay at the bottom. On each one the letters FG were engraved. "No", I quietly protested. She forced the pills down my throat and left.  "No No No No", I said to myself.I lay back and fell into the darkness. It enveloped me. Deeper and deeper I fell. I fell past this world. I fell into another dimension. I fell into the realm of the Green Pandas.
© Copyright 2008 Nicht_Angebracht (verkehr_unrein at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509144-Green-Pandas