*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517505-Are-Angels-With-Us-Today
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #1517505
Appearing suddenly, at times and in places we would never expect come God's messengers.
I just read an article in response to the question, "Are there angels among us?"  I thought the author articulated very well on a subject that deserves serious thought.

What I understand of angels has come not from pop culture books, but mostly from the depiction of angels in the Holy Scriptures where, I believe, they are well founded.  I totally agree with the author’s observation of Colossians 1:16 and 17 that “it is clear that the angels were created by God with his words.”  We're also told that angels are "spirit messengers, swift as the wind".

Angels, like the Holy Spirit, are usually pictured as winged entities.  It is my impression that  "The Angel of the Lord" that Jacob wrestled with in the Old Testament is The Holy Spirit (gestalt). But since Jesus' time had not yet come, the angel did not reveal his name to Jacob in the Old Testament. That revelation was yet to come. 

Luke15: 8-10 presents the parable of a woman (in scripture, women conceive) who has found the missing piece of silver, and verse 10 acknowledges the presence of spirit messengers: "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the (presence) of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth."  I believe that it is significant that the missing piece was of silver.  Today, angels might help us find the missing piece in the form of a "silver bell" as in the movie "Polar Express".  Oh, if you haven't seen it (or heard it), you should.  Tom Hanks is always good.  And from what I can see, the spirit of Santa Claus pretty much covers it for the kids.  Even though he doesn’t have wings, he manages to get around with a little help from his deer friends.  Holy, holy, holy!

One day, while pondering the nature of "angels", this came to me and I'd like to share it with you:
                                   
                              The Winged Messenger

The book came to us as the gift of love from days of old.
And somewhere, as I read the words, a blessed dream took hold.
The vision left me breathless as the messenger took flight,
Unbound by time or place and moving at the speed of light the Spirit
Took me high above the clouds and whispered in my ear,
“The mysteries of the Uni-verse can best be seen from here.
The Light was sent into the world to take away your fear.
To shepherds in the field it came upon a midnight clear.”

What's happening in our world today is a sign of the times.
Christmas is a "time of the signs" and they're all around us, singing in unity with beautiful harmony, "Glory to God, and on earth peace to men of good will."

© Copyright 2009 Dani Boi (daniboi7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517505-Are-Angels-With-Us-Today