*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518598-First-Novel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by shalea
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #1518598
First little bit of novel i am working on
Alexandra’s breathing slowed becoming a part of the light breeze in the alley, as the soul walked closer to her in the dark behind the club. The smell of uneaten food and stray animals reached her nose making her want to throw up, it was a good thing she had held off on eating. The smell was so foul that she had to think about other things so that the smell would not be an issue while hunting.  She placed two fingers to her temples and began to rub in a circular motion. Her migraine was pounding through her head so loud she was almost certain that the soul could hear her over the rap music pouring out the back door of the club. She hated the rap music each beat made her headache even worse, she much preferred the rock music played there on Friday nights.
         She crouched lower behind the garbage can placing one of her hands against the asphalt and slowly slid the “black knife” out of the covering in her black knee high boots. She felt the comfort of its custom handle in her hands the leather was warm from being close to her skin. It was the one weapon that she always kept with her, it was the only weapon she felt was useful in a fight. And wasn’t that what she was doing here fighting for her immortality, and the lives of the human race.
         She felt the cold resonating in her bones clearing her mind from all other thought. She could feel the goose bumbs begin to form on her arms, making her hairs stand on end. She knew the soul was closer, since the soul was true evil it held no heat. It was one of the ways to tell a soul from a human, since they took on the look of mortals when they came to earth. She took another deep breath waiting for it to advance those few more steps. Then he’s mine, she thought grinning in the dark, her blood running hot and fast already feeling the satisfaction of this kill.
         Listening to the dark she could tell the soul was closer and would cross her path on its way out of the alley. Breathing with the wind she shifted to get a better view, not giving away her position. After what seemed like forever the soul finally made it into her sight. The glow of  light from lamp post across the alley allowed her to see the outline of the image this soul had chosen. He had taken on the image of a man about 6 ft 4 inches tall, muscled from top to bottom. This man looked to be a soldier in every sense of the word, and she knew that he was here to kill her and her sisters so that they could not be sent back to the underworld.
© Copyright 2009 shalea (shaleamk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518598-First-Novel