*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526399-The-Flower-Garden
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kyashi
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1526399
A love, a feeling and lots of emotion
She was tired and broken. And the tears fell like shattered glass to the cold, dirty ground. There was no reflection in her eyes, even as she watched the sun set. The crimson garden before her, flowers of love. They started to wither away. Their stems turned to darkened dirt, the leaves to wormns and the petals turned to ants. The once beautiful, sweet scent of their buds was gone, replaced by the scent of earth.

She spent hours in the garden, singing to the buds, calling them forth from the earth. She showered them on warm days, and fed them scraps from the table. As her heart grew, they grew. The crimson color of her blood flooded the petals, creating the entrancing shade of their soft, velvet flesh. Her undying love.

Her feet sank into the brown flowerbeds, her skin turning the same decaying color of the earth. Her hair fell away and her eyes dimmed. Her blood froze her veins, her breath grew weak. Each cell in her body slowly shriveled up. The agonizing pain, felt through her body, begining at her heart and ending right back at the begining. Hidden away, covored by flesh and bones. A cracked heart. A broken soul.

With my own blood, I try to bring the flowers back. I shower the dirt, I feed the soil. The earth is too broken. I can't bring them back, they are too stubborn. This dark soil under me, the worms and andts moving lost particles around. The bare ground in the field, the orange sky paints a picture of a lost soul. The crimson bleeds in with the orange. Veins in the sky stretch out towards me. Couldn't I bring those colors here, to my own garden of red and orange? My color mixed with her pain.

The life and hope of a flower garden. One to care for it, one to break it to peices. The god of beauty is now in my hands.

So I continue to water the broken seeds and I continue to nourish the dried up soil. Soon the color will return with the velvet flesh. Soon a myrad of colors will explode and there will no longer be an empty space in this world. Colors and beauty take over. If only I had the will to bring it back.
© Copyright 2009 Kyashi (kyashi-chan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526399-The-Flower-Garden