*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1534836-carnival
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1534836
this entry was derived from the raw emotion of finding myself in an unhealthy relationship
his eyes like those bright, brilliant carnival lights. taunting. mesmorizing. they consume me time after time. those whispered words so empty, yet dripping with emotion. like a faint breeze brushing by. raindrops, ever so light. or are those my tears? freakshow full of broken souls with bruised and battered hearts that hardly sustain a beat. music muffled, surrounding me. maybe it's simply my dreams singing to me. wasted dreams. so heavy i fear they may suffocate me. ring of fire. fire through my viens from a rage that burns deeper than i've ever known. the mime cries for me. we are one and the same. strangled on words that will never be spoken. repressed by invisible scars that hurt so badly we must run and hide from the truth. careful now, we musn't reveal it. the lion and his tamer, a love that will remain unrequited. for his tamer has a false sense of security, until it is far to late to turn back the hands of time. that lion shall never be tamed. i walk the tight rope, realizing too late that the ends have frayed. the clown catches my fall, but only for his own personal agenda. simply a toy, in those wicked games he plays. haunting words in those dark, quiet, secret moments. his empty soul. heart full of false pretenses so captivating. the audience doesn't want to watch, but cannot tear their gazes away, for they know all too well the deception unraveling, ready to unfold. foolish, i am. for my repulsion of his act, yet i know i'd miss it just the same. love him. hate him. he peels off his mask ever so slowly. he has a magic like i've never seen. like a snake charmer who hypnotizes, never wanting me to see through the smoke. true colors bright and blinding. all an illusion. distorted. manipulated. in those carnival mirrors, nothing is ever as it seems. i run through the maze. fighting. losing myself. stinging tears. questions thrown into the unknown, never to be heard or answered. my breaking heart drowns out my screams. carnival finally fading in the distance. lights flicker out, never to shine bright and brilliant again. welcome to his little house of horrors. admission price, broken soul and broken heart. but i'm finally breaking free, and snatching blindly for the pieces of myself as i run.
© Copyright 2009 written (jenniferlowery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1534836-carnival