*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536499-The-Woodsman
by ccw
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1536499
two 13 year old cousins get stranded in the wilderness
Collin gets ready for his cousin, Jacob to come to his house.Collin packs his knife and throws on some jeans,an old coat and also his favorite hunting pack boots.His cousin Jacob Williams is coming to his house to stay the night.Collin loves when Jake comes over, they have fun together. Today they are supposed to ride four wheelers and play down at the crick. When Jake gets to Collin's house they first set out to the crick. Collin brings a stick and some thread to make a home made fishing pole. As Collin is making the fishing pole Jake sits on the bridge listening to the trickling water below,Jake loves the country, all the sounds make him feel nice and relaxed.As Collin is making the fishing pole, Jake says he hears something that sounds like a freight train.Collin looks up and see's a huge tornado taking everything with it in it's path.Collin pulls Jake down in the crick. They both crawl on their stomachs to a nearby concrete slab, they both climb under it. Collin prays to god saying," Dear GOD,please protect me from this tornado,please protect Jake and everyone else going through this." As Collin prays the tornado comes by and sweeps them up and throws them to a nearby woods. Collin and Jake get knocked out by the dibris and rocks flying in the air. When Jake and Collin wake up it is night time with everything destroyed there is no sign of life anywhere. Collin and Jake begin to get scared and start to pray. Collin still has his knife and Jake has his pocket knife,they will have to survive untill somoene comes to get them. Collin finds a stick laying on the ground,it looks like a branch from a Willow tree.Collin tells Jake that he is going to make a bow out of this branch, Jake replies back, "Okay,i will go find some fire wood and a flint rock so we can make a fire for the night." At night while Jake and Collin are lying on the ground trying to sleep, they both start to think about their parents, Collin says,"Jake i am scared about my parents,i hope they are doing okay and i hope they know that we are doing okay." Jake says,"Yeah me too,i miss my parents so much."The next morning Collin woke up to make arrows for his bow. He found some hickory wood,it was straight and would be good for making some arrows. Collin carved 6 arrows out and then sharpened the tips with his knife.Collin also noticed he still had the thread in his coat pocket from when he was making his fishing pole. Collin pulled out the thread and found a stick and made a fishing pole,he found a worm and put it on his hook. Collin found a spot to put the pole and fished for a while.Back at the camp Jacob was feeding the fire with wood, Jacob knew they would have to get a shelter pretty soon other wise an animal could hurt them at night.Jacob set out looking for some tree limbs with large leaves to make a small lean-to. As Jacob was looking for some limbs he ran into a coyote foaming at the mouth, he knew this coyote was dangerous and had rabees. Jacob pulled out his knife right as the coyote started running at him,Jacob stabbed the coyote,it fell over dead. Back at the creek Collin caught a small catfish and a small rock bass. Collin brang them back to the camp, he noticed Jake was gone. Collin set down the fish and ran to find Jake. He found Jake laying by the dead coyote, and said,"Jake! Jake! are you all right what happened?' Jake replied back,"I was walking through the woods and i saw this coyote staring at me,it was foaming at the mouth and started running at me,so i pulled out my knife and killed it."Collin helped Jake up and went back to camp. They fried the fish on the fire and ate it. They both went to sleep. The next morning they heard a helicopter, they looked up and saw it. The helicopter was low to the ground, two men jumped out of it and started searching the woods. The men came to Jake and Collin's camp and woke them up. They took them to the helicopter and made them get in. The men took the two boys to a warehouse where they seen their parents,bloody and bandaged up.
© Copyright 2009 ccw (collinw21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536499-The-Woodsman