*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567799-The-Storm
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1567799
It came up all of a sudden... a Pegasus out of the sea. Made for Deacon Academy.
6/4/09

         "What a lovely day," the Captain of the Black-Maker Pirate Ship said, seeing the sun high into the sky.

         The ship was fairly small for an ordinary ship. The Captain had been in charge for over a year now. He considered the crew members who claimed that fantasy creatures exist weirdos. Every now and then he would ask if any of them saw a sea serpent. As usual, they couldn't say yes or even tried to. He always went about his business- searching for treasure at sites where ship graveyards was located in the Celtic Seas. The crew members knew their captain was very cruel to those he hated and took pride to the point of attacking any ship that went near his ship and disliked him for that. Since it was lunch time, everyone went down to the kitchen for their food except for their youngest crew member. Java had seen a Pegasus flying through the air before, so he strongly believed that magical creatures existed all around.

         All of a sudden something flew out of the sea. Java recognized it as a horse with wings but then noticed that, unlike any horse he had seen, this one's other half mimicked a fish. Sparkly scales and fins started just beyond the wings, leaving the horse with no hind legs. As he watched, the Winged Sea-Pegasus flew around the ship before stopping by to where he was.

         Hello. What are you doing out here on this fine day? The Pegasus was curious about this young boy.

         "Well, I'm just fine, thank you. What are you?" Java asked.

         I am known as the Winged Sea-Pegasus. I am most known by the Greek and Roman palaces. I am assuming you are a pirate, right? Java felt strange about listening to its soft voice.

         "Yes, I am a pirate. I just became a crew member a month ago," Java was stuttering as he spoke, fearing this Pegasus.

         Neptune wanted me to tell you to leave this ship now. Bad things happen to those who are very greedy and arrogant, but the Gods sees you differently. You should live where you were born from, the Celtic people will take you in. I should now help Neptune.

         After giving Java directions the Pegasus flew off the ship and disappeared in the sea. Knowing that lunch took about an hour to eat, he immediately went to where the hunting boats was kept. He positioned the boat to hang over the side. Then he entered it and cut it loose from the ropes. Off in a distance he noticed dark clouds brewing all of a sudden. Sensing an unexpected storm coming up, he quickly made a makeshift area with loose wood to have some kind of shelter from the rain and lightning. The pirate ship he was still adjusting to passed his boat as it headed for more treasure, appearing then disappearing from his view.

         Lightning struck, he knew the storm was around him now. He noticed how fierce the lightning started striking and rain began pelting. Large waves also came up. The Captain and his crew members scrambled all over the place to keep the ship afloat. Then he noticed a missing hunting boat and panicked even more. All of a sudden one of the lightning struck the highest mass and started a fire. A wave even larger than usual struck the ship on one side and almost overturned it. Eventually, there was so much damage on the ship it began to sink. As it was sinking, the Winged Sea-Pegasus, by Neptune's side watched as the Captain received his punishment. Then, after that was settled, Neptune lifted the storm and allowed the Pegasus to take Java over to the Celtics. The bad guys was punished and they were able to keep the person the higher ruler saw as a young hero.
© Copyright 2009 Angelica- Happy July 4th! (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567799-The-Storm